Benches Brooklyn Cruise terminal

kernie968

We take a bus to the cruise terminal then a bus home. The bus will not get to the cruise port until 11 and we will be kicked off the boat before that. Are there any benches outside the terminal? Will be traveling with my elderly mother and was trying not to bring a wheelchair but if there is no seating I will pack the wheelchair.

I wasn't looking for seating but I don't remember any outside security. Agree with NJhorseman that the quote is double-speak or even no-speak. It says nothing and Ports of America who has run both Brooklyn and Manhattan terminals for years and their contract with NYC Economic Development Corporation runs until 2029. 

Seating? I will find out in 3 days. 

There are several benches along the sidewalk arc between the terminal building & the entrance. 

There is overhead cover - and if you zoom in on google maps aerial view all you see is the overhead cover. There _may_ be seating near the terminal entrance - but that area would be clogged with arriving passengers.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TheOldBear said:

There _may_ be seating near the terminal entrance - but that area would be clogged with arriving passengers.

OldBear,

Totally agree with you. I feel sorry for those sitting on their luggage with not much space available till their rides comes to pick them up under that covered overhead area. . 

13 hours ago, kernie968 said:

We take a bus to the cruise terminal then a bus home. The bus will not get to the cruise port until 11 and we will be kicked off the boat before that. Are there any benches outside the terminal? Will be traveling with my elderly mother and was trying not to bring a wheelchair but if there is no seating I will pack the wheelchair.

kernie968,

May I ask a question? You speak of a wheelchair you may have to bring.

When my mother and dad needed to be taken to appointment or other tasks, to make it easier we used a transport chair which was lighter to handle.

Could such a type of chair be better to handle and use for your mother. It was also easier to handle and store in the family car. Just thinking if something like this would help you. Just a thought,

9 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

kernie968,

May I ask a question? You speak of a wheelchair you may have to bring.

When my mother and dad needed to be taken to appointment or other tasks, to make it easier we used a transport chair which was lighter to handle.

Could such a type of chair be better to handle and use for your mother. It was also easier to handle and store in the family car. Just thinking if something like this would help you. Just a thought,

You are right that the transport wheelchairs are lighter.  I will check into that today.  Thank you.

• Thanks 1