Cruse vloggers calling out NCL Air program issues

Good for them I say. They are agents and have customers they must answer to. I think the video was very well done. They gave good examples of the problem and simply asked NCL to do better.

In this day and age of poor customer service, I think it's appropriate.

Given the steady stream of complaints and likely daily logistical/operational/management hassles, I'm wondering out loud why NCL would even offer air packages.  Get out of that part of the cruise planning and marketing and instead lower the costs (or upgrade service, amenities) for the core business of cruising.

That said, I'm sure they've done their own cost/benefit analysis on the air program and that's why they do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh, these guys. I'm a member of their community and find them annoying (that's me being very, very kind). I see they posted this video yesterday. I bet they also participated in the NCL Travel Agent webinar Tuesday where John Chernesky stated more upfront information will be coming out regarding the air program. Now, these vloggers are going to claim it's because of their video that NCL changed/provides more updated information on the program.

Anyway, if a travel agent does not direct their clients to the two pages below (or provide the information), then that's on them. Obviously these two didn't give their clients the correct information which is why they were upset.

Yes, I'll agree, the last example was not within NCL's program terms. I want to know what the conversation was a week prior. And, I want to know if NCL did provide any type of compensation/credit to the person that was unbooked. I bet these two won't provide an update if they did.

That's a great reason to login to the airline's website and "claim" your ticket immediately after receiving ticket information from NCL. The wannabe cruiser would have found out much sooner that their ticket was canceled and been able to resolve the issue prior to the cruise.

Ugh...these guys making me defend NCL. More reason for me to dislike them!

Now, if you want to know all about the air program and what is/isn't provided, read these two websites. Just like these so-called travel agents should be recommending to their clients.

Air-Service Standards

Air Sea Program

Educate yourselves, y'all...or demand your travel agent educate you. I have long conversations with my friends/family before I will book them the NCL BOGO Airfare promotion. To the point that I annoy them at how not customer friendly the program can be. At least they know upfront.

• Like 1

The good thing is, you can book the BOGO at the time of making the cruise reservation. If you find airfares or flights on your own that are better down the road (and before final payment) you can always drop the BOGO.

I would view BOGO more as insurance against soaring airfares than a plan that is set in stone. And if you end up actually using the BOGO, at least you'll get there at a lower cost...even at higher hassle.

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1