Internet pkg on Royal - any other options?

Hi all, I have never gotten the internet pkg before on Royal. In the past on NCL you could buy on board for a certain length of time - let’s say the day or a few hours. How does it work on Royal? Do you have to buy the package in advance? If I wait until a few days into the cruise, will it be less money? Also is there any way to get a few hours of internet etc - I just need it to check email from time to time, every few days and what they are offering online is 24/7 which I don’t need. 

You can buy internet on board for a continuous 24 hour period (e.g., Tues 3 PM to Wed 3 PM) or rest of voyage.  If you are Diamond you get one free 24 hour period, Diamond Plus gets two free 24 hour periods.  You can also apply the D or D+ credit to a rest of voyage package.

Onboard internet pricing is around $25-$26/day vs. around $$19-20/day pre-cruise.

You can buy for any number of consecutive days on board.

Nothing beats sale price prior to cruise though.

If you not Diamond or higher I would buy before for whole duration.

Internet on board is about $29 .. the more days you buy, cheaper it gets, but still will be higher than $20 per day.

It is possible to buy a 4 device package precruise (or onboard) with a price per device much less than buying four packages separately.  People have been known to arrange this on their Roll Call.  Disadvantage of this is that if someone accidently logs on a second device you will get logged off.

Check this weekend for sales.  Biggest sale of the year for internet is generally around Thanksgiving.  Or you may be able to bundle a drink package with internet for lower price.

16 hours ago, tfran8 said:

If I wait until a few days into the cruise, will it be less money?

Yes, the price of the package goes down every day by the daily amount. Most days you can get about 15 min free by clicking on the Play or App Store link when starting the login process.