Disembarkation Southampton Walk Off - How Early

Jeter02

For those who sailed out of Southampton how early do they start disembarkation? And how quick is it to get through customs? I'll have my own luggage with me like I normally do.

Debating after eating breakfast in the dining room on disembarkation day If I'm able to make a 9:00 train or if I'm safe for doing a 10:00 but would hate to have to wait around.

Edited by Jeter02

• Jeter02 changed the title to Disembarkation Southampton Walk Off - How Early
8 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Well I think I just answered my own question I purchased at 10:00 train just to be on the safe side.

You should be OK with that but, there is always a but, I have known ships be as late as 11:00 arriving in Southampton and disembarkation not starting until after 12:00 - doesn't happen often but it does happen.

Personally I would not make any fixed arrangements until the afternoon but better still is to book a flexible option.

2 minutes ago, david63 said:

You should be OK with that but, there is always a but, I have known ships be as late as 11:00 arriving in Southampton and disembarkation not starting until after 12:00 - doesn't happen often but it does happen.

Personally I would not make any fixed arrangements until the afternoon but better still is to book a flexible option.

Oh wow. Really,?!?! I would have never guessed that with late arrival times. 

25 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I think you did the right thing.  I always tend to add a little "pad time" to cover those unforeseen circumstances!

At the end of your trip if you don't mind taking a picture and posting the disembark times flyer with the times. I'd appreciate it. Or tomlwt me know what time time it states disembark will be starting would be awesome.

Just now, Jeter02 said:

At the end of your trip if you don't mind taking a picture and posting the disembark times flyer with the times. I'd appreciate it. Or tomlwt me know what time time it states disembark will be starting would be awesome.

I'm not in the cabin right now,  but self-disembark was 7:00am-9:45am. That is what we will be doing. We have the Princess transfer to Victoria Coach Station meeting at 9:05am

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rick&Jeannie said:

I'm not in the cabin right now,  but self-disembark was 7:00am-9:45am. That is what we will be doing. We have the Princess transfer to Victoria Coach Station meeting at 9:05am

Excellent!!!!! Thank you for the self embark time slot. Much appreciated. 😊

we got off the Regal in Southampton a couple weeks ago. we did early walk off at 0700. There were about 50 people waiting in line in front of us. We were off the ship AND in a taxi by 0710...very easy and efficient! 

we had a 0900 national express bus to London scheduled, they were kind enough to let us jump on the 0800 bus...

have a safe cruise!

• Like 1

When we docked at Mayflower Terminal last September we were told self disembarkation would start at 07:30, but in reality it started earlier than that (approx 7:15 from memory) and we were in our car in the CPS car park by 07:30. 

I would say that, barring any other unforeseen circumstances you should be fine to make a 10:00am train, but would advise checking which terminal you arrive into as Mayflower is quite close, but the QEII and Ocean Terminals are at the other end of town. That way you can decide to have your leisurely breakfast and leave it a little later to disembark if you're at one of the closer terminals. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Martha1974 said:

When we docked at Mayflower Terminal last September we were told self disembarkation would start at 07:30, but in reality it started earlier than that (approx 7:15 from memory) and we were in our car in the CPS car park by 07:30. 

I would say that, barring any other unforeseen circumstances you should be fine to make a 10:00am train, but would advise checking which terminal you arrive into as Mayflower is quite close, but the QEII and Ocean Terminals are at the other end of town. That way you can decide to have your leisurely breakfast and leave it a little later to disembark if you're at one of the closer terminals. 

Yep I've already checked the terminals I know we embark on Mayflower but we disembark and QEII

20 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Well I think I just answered my own question I purchased at 10:00 train just to be on the safe side.

How far are you travelling by train?

To be honest the only time you are going to have a problem in the UK getting on a train a different time than you booked is if you booked an ‘off peak’ ticket & try and get on during the more expensive peak times

thats a no no

Saturday & Sundays are all off peak anyway

Weekdays off-peak starts after 9.30am

if its a weekday & you’ve booked 10am (off peak) you can’t get on before 9.30am (peak) anyway

no ticket barrier or platform staff will allow it

if it’s a weekend, it’s all off peak. Just get on when you like

Edited by JG&Lcruisingnewbies
Spelling!

3 minutes ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

How far are you travelling by train?

To be honest the only time you are going to have a problem in the UK getting on a train a different time than you booked is if you booked an ‘off peak’ ticket & try and get on during the more expensive peak times

thats a no no

Saturday & Sundays are all off peak anyway

Weekdays off-peak starts after 9.30am

if its a weekday & you’ve booked 10am (off peak) you can’t get on before 9.30am (peak) anyway

no ticket barrier or platform staff will allow it

if it’s a weekend, it’s all off peak. Just get on when you like

Thank you for that information. Most helpful. I feel like I should be fine. I'm just taking the train right outside of Central London.