Some MSC Virtuosa YC questions

talljules1

We set sail on Virtuosa in a week, and are lucky to have a YC Duplex suite.  A few questions:

1 I know in the top suites on Celebrity the butler will lay on a party for you and guests on request (not that we have ever done this). We always meet nice people on our cruises. Is this this something that the butlers will do for you in YC? And if so, is there a charge? (Assume we'd only be inviting fellow guests from the YC - I know you can't bring in people from outside (and we don't plan to spend much time outside the YC)

2. Movies in the room - I gather that MSC charge for movies on the TV in the room. We like to have something to fall to sleep to. Any idea on cost?  Wondering about bringing a laptop to play movies - any way to link this to the TV, or is it not worth the bother. (We're lucky - the cost of this cruise is WAY less than we would have paid for a similar sized room on Celebrity, so happy to pay if we have to)

3. We like to have nibbles in the room when we retire - cheese plate, charcuterie plate. I see that these things are on the room service menu. Can we put in a standing order with the butler to just have these placed in the room along with a couple of drinks every night?

4. Do they really bring drinks to the room? Thinking this might be nice to have whilst in the hot tub sailing in the fjords.

5. I have booked a specialty dining package that includes a paid show. Can we sort all this out in the YC, or do we have to go down into the main ship to sort?

6. We've booked some MSC shore excursions, some of which include food. When booking it said we have to let MSC know 2 days before if we have dietary requirements, and I do. Again, can I do this within the YC?

7. We have a boarding time of 11am, but gather that boarding will start in Southampton at 10am. 10am would suit us much better as we'll be in a hotel very close to the port. Can we just pitch up at 10am?

I'm sure all will be well - happy to go with the flow.

We were in YC on Virtuosa a couple of weeks ago, just regular balcony though so I'll answer what I can. 

Parties and movies, not something we would use so I have no idea sorry.

Nibbles and drinks, we've never asked but I know other people did this and had things delivered each day. Everyone automatically gets a daily 'treat' delivered in the afternoon, and a couple of years ago we had a fantastic butler who left us a tray with drinks and snacks every evening without us asking. 

I believe they will deliver drinks, again we've never asked as we just pick up our own on the way back to the cabin. As the duplex suites are situated outside YC I know this is more difficult so I'm sure the butler will oblige.

Everything onboard can be sorted by the butler or the YC concierge desk, you don't need to ever go to guest services. The staff at the YC desk are fantastic. 

With YC you can board whenever you like, you are correct in Southampton it usually starts at 10am so go then.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, talljules1 said:

We set sail on Virtuosa in a week, and are lucky to have a YC Duplex suite.  A few questions:

1 I know in the top suites on Celebrity the butler will lay on a party for you and guests on request (not that we have ever done this). We always meet nice people on our cruises. Is this this something that the butlers will do for you in YC? And if so, is there a charge? (Assume we'd only be inviting fellow guests from the YC - I know you can't bring in people from outside (and we don't plan to spend much time outside the YC)

I doubt inviting people "from outside" would be a problem. Duplexes used to be classified Aurea and thus aren't located in YC so any guests shouldn't have problems visiting your cabin.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kernow said:

We were in YC on Virtuosa a couple of weeks ago, just regular balcony though so I'll answer what I can. 

Parties and movies, not something we would use so I have no idea sorry.

Nibbles and drinks, we've never asked but I know other people did this and had things delivered each day. Everyone automatically gets a daily 'treat' delivered in the afternoon, and a couple of years ago we had a fantastic butler who left us a tray with drinks and snacks every evening without us asking. 

I believe they will deliver drinks, again we've never asked as we just pick up our own on the way back to the cabin. As the duplex suites are situated outside YC I know this is more difficult so I'm sure the butler will oblige.

Everything onboard can be sorted by the butler or the YC concierge desk, you don't need to ever go to guest services. The staff at the YC desk are fantastic. 

With YC you can board whenever you like, you are correct in Southampton it usually starts at 10am so go then.

Hi guys

We followed you last year on your YC adventures and got some great tips from you.

Can I ask, did you find any changes this year in YC? We've booked for October again.

Prices seemed to have jumped but YC is the only way!

• Like 1

Hi, Jules 👋, enjoy your cruise.

I’m not cyber-stalking you, honestly 😉 but I saw you here and thought I should say hello.  I’m back at work on Tuesday but go on the NCL Star Scotland/Norway cruise on Wednesday!

Catherine

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KforKitty said:

Hi, Jules 👋, enjoy your cruise.

I’m not cyber-stalking you, honestly 😉 but I saw you here and thought I should say hello.  I’m back at work on Tuesday but go on the NCL Star Scotland/Norway cruise on Wednesday!

Catherine

Cool!! Glad you are on the mend - and enjoy your cruise too!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, corky&linda said:

Hi guys

We followed you last year on your YC adventures and got some great tips from you.

Can I ask, did you find any changes this year in YC? We've booked for October again.

Prices seemed to have jumped but YC is the only way!

It was busier this year and they seemed a bit short staffed at times but it improved throughout the week and we still really enjoyed it. Outside of YC the ship was packed and more than ever we were glad of YC to escape to when we wanted a bit of calm.

I did another live this time which you will probably find if you search.

2 hours ago, kernow said:

It was busier this year and they seemed a bit short staffed at times but it improved throughout the week and we still really enjoyed it. Outside of YC the ship was packed and more than ever we were glad of YC to escape to when we wanted a bit of calm.

I did another live this time which you will probably find if you search.

All caught up now, thanks. Looks like you had another great cruise! 

We've booked the October Spain & France cruise hoping to get a lot more use out of the outside grill/pool/hot tub/sun loungers etc. Can't wait.

• Like 1