Anyone get a move up offer accepted for the Iconic Suite?

Sox Fan Cruiser

Currently in a Sunset Sky Suite on the Apex sailing on June 25th. The move up offers are really good since there are still a lot of cabins available. So we went ahead and put one in at the lowest value for the Iconic Suite.  What is the reality that it will accepted?  There is still one available so we aren’t waiting for a last minute cancellation. Would they upgrade someone in an upper suite over us?  Not sure how they select the winning bid. 

Edited by Sox Fan Cruiser

Move Up is run by a third party. Same outfit handles Royal Up for Royal Caribbean. They work in mysterious ways. I have heard from someone who ended up with an IC. As I recall, he bid on a different upgrade but won the IC. I think the details are somewhere in the Move Up permanent thread. I bid double the minimum on a PH on the Beyond but didn't win. We were already in an EV. Good luck!

MoveUp.jpg

Guest 4-2-N-8

I posted this in an earlier thread on another subject, but perhaps relevant here.

My one experience with Celebrity so far (on Beyond) this past Jan/Feb was excellent. I had an Edge Villa.

In fact, I thought the Retreat service was superb, so this past week, I canceled my forthcoming Edge Villa on a Beyond sailing and bought one of the Iconic suites that opened up.

Next week is final payment due date. This is for an 11-night Eastern Mediterranean sailing out of Rome in August. Had it been open sooner, I'd have bought it sooner.

I suspect some number of people may be (as I've  actually read) putting down inexpensive deposits on multiple suites, only to cancel all but one just before final payment is due.

Not fair to hog chairs or rooms.

Someone snapped up that EV within hours of when I let it go. Celebrity's Retreat product is really good, at least on the Beyond. I'd only sail Celebrity's Edge class ships because they are awesome.

Side note: super pleased to hear Celebrity is improving their suite deposit process. They are (somewhat) matching how Cunard does it for their top suites. Namely, make deposits a much high(er) percentage of cost. I think it will help people like me who like to plan and will pay full price, so long as it is exactly what we want.

IMO, Celebrity will be much better off to have high deposits on their very top suites.

Just an opinion. Not here to rile up anyone.

Peace to all.

1 hour ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Would they upgrade someone in an upper suite over us?

Assuming they want to maximize revenue as the whole bidding process is designed to, they absolutely would. Your bid is only one part of the revenue equation. The other part, which you cannot control, is how much people are bidding for the cabin you would be vacating, and so on down the line.

Guest 4-2-N-8
1 hour ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

I’m not really sure of the point of your post. 

Good for you that you can afford the iconic suite outright. WAY too much for me (and I don’t skimp on spending money). 

Point being:

1. I found the Celebrity Retreat to be a good product (I simply provide a counter example to the many complaints. This is my opinion. It's intended as a positive perspective).

2. Celebrity appears to want serious buyers of their top suites to have access to purchase when genuinely available. No chair/room hogging concept. Again, my opinion, based upon all I read, and another counterpoint on a positive note.

3. If anything, I'd be (and I am) optimistic that if a room is A) in high demand and B) available, don't wait on buying it.

Again, no intention of offending anyone. It's one perspective. And, hopefully, a relief from the negative. 

I'm no cheerleader. Celebrity is just very appealing to me with their current state of the art. I think they have a home run from what I've seen.

That's the crux of it. I hope they keep up the good work.

Edited by 4-2-N-8

• 10 months later...
On 5/27/2023 at 9:12 PM, Guest 4-2-N-8 said:

I posted this in an earlier thread on another subject, but perhaps relevant here.

My one experience with Celebrity so far (on Beyond) this past Jan/Feb was excellent. I had an Edge Villa.

In fact, I thought the Retreat service was superb, so this past week, I canceled my forthcoming Edge Villa on a Beyond sailing and bought one of the Iconic suites that opened up.

Next week is final payment due date. This is for an 11-night Eastern Mediterranean sailing out of Rome in August. Had it been open sooner, I'd have bought it sooner.

I suspect some number of people may be (as I've  actually read) putting down inexpensive deposits on multiple suites, only to cancel all but one just before final payment is due.

Not fair to hog chairs or rooms.

Someone snapped up that EV within hours of when I let it go. Celebrity's Retreat product is really good, at least on the Beyond. I'd only sail Celebrity's Edge class ships because they are awesome.

Side note: super pleased to hear Celebrity is improving their suite deposit process. They are (somewhat) matching how Cunard does it for their top suites. Namely, make deposits a much high(er) percentage of cost. I think it will help people like me who like to plan and will pay full price, so long as it is exactly what we want.

IMO, Celebrity will be much better off to have high deposits on their very top suites.

Just an opinion. Not here to rile up anyone.

Peace to all.

How was this experience? Was it worth it? Have an EV booked and debating bidding on the iconic.. would love your perspective having sailed in both. 

22 hours ago, WineDown17 said:

How was this experience? Was it worth it? Have an EV booked and debating bidding on the iconic.. would love your perspective having sailed in both. 

I was in  an EV on the Apex in 2022. I LOVED it. The plunge pool, the unlimited restaurants (didnt try the MDR, only got in Blu as a space available for one night), the awesome butler, could go on and on.
Loved it so much I  have it booked again in mid July on the Beyond.
Sorry just realized you were asking about the Iconic, that is still a little above my pay grade. 😁

23 minutes ago, samplecd02 said:

I was in  an EV on the Apex in 2022. I LOVED it. The plunge pool, the unlimited restaurants (didnt try the MDR, only got in Blu as a space available for one night), the awesome butler, could go on and on.
Loved it so much I  have it booked again in mid July on the Beyond.
Sorry just realized you were asking about the Iconic, that is still a little above my pay grade. 😁

Thanks. And I am in an EV. Bid on an iconic upgrade but don’t think I will be disappointed at all with the EV!! Can’t wait!