Breakfast variety

OttawaJohn

No.  NCL’s breakfast menus are standard across the fleet.  If they pick up some fruit that may vary. The majority of NCL food fleet-wide is sent from Miami to wherever the ships are embarking or re-provisioning.

We have found the breakfast dining room menus to be fairly standard, although brands may vary.  Yogurt and cereal brands are their European counterparts.

At the buffet, we noticed beans and salami at breakfast on Med and Nordic cruises.  Not to say that they aren't available on US cruises, but we first noticed them in Copenhagen.

MDR breakfast menu: eggs, bacon/ham/sausage, bread/toast, bagels w lox/smoked salmon, pastries, cold cereal, oatmeal, fruit: melon, banana, grapes/berries.  Rotating: french toast, pancakes, eggs benedict.

O'Sheehans/Local: American breakfast (eggs, choice of meat, toast, hashbrown nuggets), and ala carte french toast, hot/cold cereals, etc.   No salmon/bagel.

2 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

Luckily they have the chocolate croissants on all ships. Not being a big breakfast eater, they are my go-to...

We found those in the Haven Restaurant.  OMG.  I feel my happiness and blood sugar spiking just thinking about them.  🤩

• Like 1

We're able to check off the Breakfast Order form & get chocolate croissants delivered in the morning, along with other items listed ... no need to hand write them or as add-ons.

However, the singing duo - junior pastry chefs (?? or dressed as) has been M.I.A. on our recent cruise, they used to come around the MDR tables at breakfast with their "yummy ... tummy" tune and freshly baked goodies of the day. 

Congees or rice porridge weren't offer in the buffet either, according to others onboard our recent cruise ... despite a substantial # of / percentage of Asian cruisers, apparently booked via a last minute TA partner from the embarkation port, filling up near all the remaining & unsold Insides on the TA.  

1 hour ago, mking8288 said:

However, the singing duo - junior pastry chefs (?? or dressed as) has been M.I.A. on our recent cruise, they used to come around the MDR tables at breakfast with their "yummy ... tummy" tune and freshly baked goodies of the day. 

They were out in full force on the May 6th Bliss.

There were some daily breakfast specials in the MDR on the Prima TA last month; I was only in there 4 days of the trip but that included huevos rancheros one day and a very nice shakshuka on a second.