Soda package

kelship

I assume this has been covered but I was unable to find an answer. 

If I purchase the soda package, will I be able to request a can of Diet Coke and take it back to my room? Or does it only include fountain soda? 

Thank you in advance! 

Here is the package and the rules 

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Beverage-Package-Contents.pdf

When I have “have it all” I often bring a couple of bottles of Perrier back to my cabin for the early morning.  I just order one for now and one for later. I would assume it is the same for this package.  

Whoa...

The Coca-Cola Package gives you "Enjoy unlimited refills of fountain soda for the duration of your voyage.  The package is for unlimited fountain soda and does not include canned or bottled items." 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, auntmeg said:

Will they let you get two sodas or two waters at one time? (For one person.)

That would certainly be convenient.

Rules say only one beverage at a time - I don't know what the "wait" time in between is, but I don't think it would be too difficult to wait a little bit for a second something to take to the room. Everytime you're heading back to the room swing by a bar and ask for a water? 

Just now, loveandpeas said:

Rules say only one beverage at a time - I don't know what the "wait" time in between is, but I don't think it would be too difficult to wait a little bit for a second something to take to the room. Everytime you're heading back to the room swing by a bar and ask for a water? 

Ha. Love it.

A very different kind of bar crawl. 🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, auntmeg said:

Ha. Love it.

A very different kind of bar crawl. 🤣

I didn't have the package last cruise and I always went to two different bars on my way back to the room at night to ask for a glass of ice water. Thinking I'll get Quench next time to make it a little easier. And yup, I'll do this until I have a little stock of them!

Just now, moondoggie said:

My DH drinks only Pepsi!  Can we buy Pepsi somewhere before we board?  Thanks!

You can't bring any brand of sodas onboard per HAL's policies.  Some people report being able to do so despite of that but if you try, be prepared to have it confiscated for the duration of your cruise.

From the HAL website:  Frequently Asked Cruise Questions - Know Before You Go (hollandamerica.com)

Items such as sodas, energy drinks or other non-alcoholic items are not allowed on board in any form. Plastic water bottles are not allowed. However, an allowance of six liters, twelve (12) cans or cartons (500 ml in volume or less) or six (6) cans or cartons (1 liter in volume or less) of water are allowed per stateroom.  Any amount in excess of this allowance will be not be allowed onboard. Water in plastic bottles will not be allowed onboard in any quantity, including in ports of call. Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding. 

5 minutes ago, loveandpeas said:

I don't know if the one at a time rule is meant to apply to non alcoholic drinks but I can say that I have always been able to get two cans of soda or beer unopened at the same time to bring back to my cabin.

🤷‍♀️

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, oakridger said:

I don't know if the one at a time rule is meant to apply to non alcoholic drinks but I can say that I have always been able to get two cans of soda or beer unopened at the same time to bring back to my cabin.

🤷‍♀️

It is actually the rule, one at a time though I have had no issue getting cans to go. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kelship said:

If I purchase the soda package, will I be able to request a can of Diet Coke and take it back to my room? Or does it only include fountain soda? 

Everybody is answering assuming you are considering the Quench Package.  If you're doing the Coca Cola Package, see above.

15 minutes ago, PACD_JG said:

Everybody is answering assuming you are considering the Quench Package.  If you're doing the Coca Cola Package, see above.

We didn’t assume, we all qualified our statements with the name of the package we use. 

I did the Coca Cola package on the Nieuw Statendam in April.  Here is the good and the bad.  First, the good.  It really is unlimited fountain soda.  There is no cap on it.  There is one of those flavor fountain machines outside of the Lido where you may fill your special computer chipped tumbler.  Lots of choices, including many zero sugar options.  The bad?  That is the only machine on the ship and when it isn't working, you have to go to the bar, which has far fewer options.  Additionally, getting a can without paying extra for it is not allowed and was mostly enforced.  However, they will give you two fountain sodas at once.  I often did just that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, donandmelissa said:

I did the Coca Cola package on the Nieuw Statendam in April.  Here is the good and the bad.  First, the good.  It really is unlimited fountain soda.  There is no cap on it.  There is one of those flavor fountain machines outside of the Lido where you may fill your special computer chipped tumbler.  Lots of choices, including many zero sugar options.  The bad?  That is the only machine on the ship and when it isn't working, you have to go to the bar, which has far fewer options.  Additionally, getting a can without paying extra for it is not allowed and was mostly enforced.  However, they will give you two fountain sodas at once.  I often did just that.

My exact experience on the NS last October...  Except one time when the fountain gun wasn't working (at the Grand Dutch Cafe), they gave me a can...

When they try to give you a can, that's usually a clue they are going to try to charge you because they missed the Soda package sticker on your card.  Had that happen a few times!