Alaskan cruise need all the help I can get

25 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Just make sure that whatever method of transportation you use to get to Seattle that you arrive the day before your cruise.  It is so much less stressful arriving the day before.

Honestly this is the ONLY cruise port that we re happy to travel to the day of the cruise.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2023 at 10:36 PM, smokeybandit said:

Search engines are powerful tools.  Especially for questions that have fixed answers and aren't going to be opinion-based. 

I just looked up the weather in Alaska in July using the most powerful search engine known to mankind aka Google. 

First answer returned was "warmest month but can be variable". 

Seems like even "fixed" answers could use opinion-based backup. 

I would go into any Alaskan cruise with the expectation that it will be cool and drizzly.  If it is better that's a bonus but expect poor weather.  Alaska is spectacular regardless of the weather.

• Like 1

We stay at the Warwick Seattle. Sign up for their FREE loyalty program.  They will e-mail you specials.  It is a 10-minute walk to Pike Place Market. There is a CVS Drug Store right across the street for last minute needs. A couple of liquor stores nearby if you are going to bring wine aboard.  It is a $35 to $45 Uber from the hotel to the pier which is pretty standard for most of the downtown hotels.

I got a room (2 queens or a king) for $179 (plus taxes).  This was a Holiday special price thing that was up during the week between Christmas and New Years.  We sail in mid-June 2023.