Final Payment Not Posted

Hi...first timer here. Booked the Miracle in Aug. 2003. Final payment is due by Aug. 2. I wanted to pay before August, so on April 28, I gave my TA the credit card info. Well, as of today, my payment has still not posted. My TA is not returning my calls or replying to my emails. My dh called last week, spoke with a different TA who advised that AAA has a "billing problem", I have plenty of time to make the final payment and I shouldn't worry because I have a "confirmation" number.

It has never taken over a month for me to pay for any vacation ever. I called today to speak with a manager, but was told none were available. Should I be hounding them, or just chill for a while?

I'm concerned that if they can't even process my payment, how can I be assured I'll receive the boarding docs on time?

Any advice would really help.

Thanks! icon_eek.gif

Carnival Miracle 10/24/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;10;24;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

If it is with AAA I would stay calm for another two weeks then try phone calls again. If that does not work then send a letter requesting that final payment be charged and receipt mailed to you.

Fascination 1997 Destiny 2000

Victory 2000 Sensation 2001

Norway 2002 Legend 2002

NCL Dawn 2003 Inspiration 2003

Victory 2004 Holiday 2004

Is the AAA office local? It shouldn't take over a month for them to process it. I would pay them a little visit in person.

You also said that you used a credit card. The cruise line should be on the one charging your card. As far as I know, the TA is only notifying Carnival to do it.

Jan

NEXT CRUISE - MIRACLE 2/13/05!

Triumph, Inspiration, Holiday, Explorer of the Seas, Granduer of the Seas, Glory, Conquest, Sensation

I got tired of dealing with the middle man (T/A's)

I now book directly with Carnival and very satisfied. They respond 24/7 and give all upgrades and price reductions with no fuss. Have 2 future cruises booked with them and have not been able to find a better price anywhere.

My last cruise was through a T/A and to settle one issue I was part of a 3 way phone call between T/A, Carnival and myself. ???? The issue was settled to my satisfaction because of the gal at Carnival. Why use a T/A?

Happy cruising.

First of all don't worry about the docs as they are more of a formality than a necessity. Second of all is there a specific reason why you want to pay in full early? I would think you would maintain better leverage in the case of a price drop if you waited to give you final payment until it is actually due.

doris

"I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine"--Caskie Stinnett

Elation 10/20/02

Paradise 9/21/03

Pride of Aloha 6/07/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Woodman - I wonder why I ever used a TA also! Guess it was because we'd never cruised and was hoping for some insight and/or guidance from the TA - NOT! I'll never use another one. I book all vacations, hotels, etc. online and get great rates. Guess I was feeling vulnerable AND I used the TA b4 discovering this site!

dosi - I just wanted to get it paid for and have less "unfinished business". Will there be a price drop if the cruise has been totally booked for months? (btw...love your quote)

Thanks to both of you!

Karen icon_wink.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;10;24;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

No, unless like a huge group booking changes their mind or something there would not be a price drop. And I totally understand the unfinished business part....I like having all my ducks in a row too!! Second favorite quote..."let the wild rumpus start"!!

doris

"I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine"--Caskie Stinnett

Elation 10/20/02

Paradise 9/21/03

Pride of Aloha 6/07/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

I too have a TA nightmare! And it's with AAA. I got a hard time every time there was a price drop. I always felt like I was bothering her when I called. After the last price drop, she told me Carnival wouldn't do anything (without even calling them to ask) so I wrote a letter to guest relations. Within 1 day Carnival offered a reduced rate of $100/pp ($400 total). The interesting thing about that is that on the same day, my TA called me and offered me a 3 deck upgrade and tried to tell me that she went out of her way to get Carnival to give me that. What I really think happened is that Carnival told her I could have EITHER the upgrade or the discount but she never offered me the discount (didn't want to lose the commission?) She kept trying to talk me into the upgrade...it's so great, I should take the bone Carnival is offering, blah, blah, blah. Anyway I refused the upgrade and two weeks later I got my Visa bill and the total was $400 less than I authorized! And the billing was on the SAME DAY that the TA offered me the upgrade.

Needless to say, I smell a rat here, but I'm very happy with my original cabins and my $400 discount.

So anyway Madelinerose...if you booked with AAA I would keep on top of them and like others said...stop in to the office and don't leave until you get answers. BTW, the most unbelievable thing was when I wanted to do a conference call with Carnival and the TA, she told me she didn't know how to do this! I think she just didn't want me talking to Carnival! Very unethical if you ask me.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant and good luck to you!

Jen

There is zero upside to making final payment before you absolutely have to. At that point, you are still 70 days away from sailing so it's not like it is a "loose end."

demon2.gif

namelogo.png

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Carnival Valor 10/30/05 CC Group

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Perhaps something else as well. Watch this space.

Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.

Which AAA office are you dealing with? I am also having a problem with AAA - Bel Air office. The TA didn't cancel when I called/faxed her and this caused us to miss the cancellation deadline. Now I am fighting them to refund the penalty.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;3;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Beating the Winter Blues on the Legend

Tropicale 9/95, Sensation 9/97, Carnival Destiny 10/00, Fascination 3/02, Imagination 3/03, Carnival Legend 10/28/03, Carnival Triumph 3/13/04

Carnival Legend 3/19/05

greeneyedlady - Your TA sounds like she was pulling a typical "CYA" move. She sounds just as incapable and disinterested as mine. Sure, she found the upgrades as soon as Carnival found the discount! Makes me sick!

BigDoug - I'm dealing with the Lutherville office, but maybe, you, greeneyedlady and myself should do a conference call to AAA Corporate!

I was in the customer service arena with a huge communications company for several years and if my office EVER treated its customers the way AAA TAs do, we would have been shut down.

I will NEVER use a AAA TA again! I DO use the AAA Midatlantic website to book hotel rooms, etc. In April we stayed at Le Parker Meridien for $160/nt for a 4-star NY hotel which is a fabulous rate! Le Parker Meridien's website and hotels.com wanted $285/nt for the exact, same room.

There was NO TA involved for this NY stay, and we did a great job without one. With the internet, who needs a TA anyway? All you need is time set aside for research and you can plan your own, perfect vacation.

Brneyznfl - Maybe I WILL do an in-person visit! Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks everyone, including tef43, for your input.

icon_biggrin.gif

Your TA is holding your money in their accounts to gain interest on it. Doubt they will pay Carnival until the drop dead date.

Personally, I wouldn't pay anyone before the last date...we have a cruise scheduled for January that I put the cruise money into a 6-month CD that will come open right before the money is due to Carnival. It will make me about $100 extra in interest in that short amount of time.

Think about it...why give your money to somebody else early so they can profit?

Bob

We need a Miracle!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2005;1;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Joining the Hounds!

hounds3.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;9;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by StefanieMS:

Why not just cancel your booking and rebook with someone else? I would't want to give that TA my money.

Stefanie - If the cruise is totally filled and I got the rate from AAA, how do I change who I booked through? Can I call Carnival and just have them handle it?

Stefanie

http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;08;29;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Cruise on the pride

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you can't find a TA with a better price than the cruise line, then you're not talking to the right TA.

The only time I couldn't save significant $$ dollars through a TA vs. direct was on a sold-out ship, where I was literally calling the line on an hourly basis hoping for a cabin to be released.

There are always posts about discount TA's on this board who do a fine job--it pays to shop around!

Dawn Princess 12/14/03

Conquest 1/05/03

Imagination 11/21/02

Destiny 12/30/01

Fascination 11/30/01

Archived