Rum Point Beach Excursions???

ILoveScotland

Are there any ship's excursions that go to Rum Point Beach?  Several years ago I spent a week at a hotel on the north shore of Grand Cayman.  I did go to George Town and Sevel Mile Beach one day, but Rum Point was closer, and I actually liked it much better than Seven Mile Beach. The beach is smaller, is set amidst palm trees, has a pier and also a cafe. However, it's about an hour's drive from George Town, and my research hasn't found any excursions that go there.

22 hours ago, ILoveScotland said:

Are there any ship's excursions that go to Rum Point Beach?  Several years ago I spent a week at a hotel on the north shore of Grand Cayman.  I did go to George Town and Sevel Mile Beach one day, but Rum Point was closer, and I actually liked it much better than Seven Mile Beach. The beach is smaller, is set amidst palm trees, has a pier and also a cafe. However, it's about an hour's drive from George Town, and my research hasn't found any excursions that go there.

It's not usually found as a ship-offered excursion, but there are a few private tour companies that sometimes offer a stop there in combination with a stingray city stop and snorkeling.  Not sure if any still stop there at the moment due to the ongoing renovations at Rum Point.

Your other option would be to rent a car and DIY.

On 6/1/2023 at 10:07 AM, bookbabe said:

It's not usually found as a ship-offered excursion, but there are a few private tour companies that sometimes offer a stop there in combination with a stingray city stop and snorkeling.  Not sure if any still stop there at the moment due to the ongoing renovations at Rum Point.

Your other option would be to rent a car and DIY.

Thanks.  That's what I suspected.  I just remember what a lovely area it is and went a couple of times during the week I stayed not too far down the road from Rum Point.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We were just there (land vacation) and the remodeling was still going on. The day we were there, I didn't see anything open, including the food stand, even though people had been posting that they were open. 

We've been there in the past and it has changed a lot. New buildings, cleared out a lot of the greenery that used to be there. It felt more open. The water was very murky and tons of sea grass (not complaining about that...just that most people visit places where the water is crystal clear and blue). 

You can find my review located HERE with pictures of the place now. (It's a little ways down on that page).