Oops I did it again

bonvoyagie

Well I booked another bucket list cruise - this time for Antarctica in January of 2025 - a nice looking 14 day cruise on the Star in an Aft Suite. Now we have to wait almost 600 days but that is almost too far out to even start getting excited about it:) Something about the latest sale I could not resist. 

• Like 8

Count me in as a sucker. I do this all the time. I've got 4 cruises booked between August 2023 and August 2024. And the August 2023 was booked a year ago. 😄

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RB9643 said:

Count me in as a sucker. I do this all the time. I've got 4 cruises booked between August 2023 and August 2024. And the August 2023 was booked a year ago. 😄

Add me to the sucker list - three booked between now and August 2024!

Yep, me too.  But it's not so much as booking as it is in moving a booking due to my wife's schedule and our pocketbook (or lack thereof).  I did book a nice 2025 Mexico cruise in the Haven though, so hoping that one won't change!

4 hours ago, bonvoyagie said:

Well I booked another bucket list cruise - this time for Antarctica in January of 2025 - a nice looking 14 day cruise on the Star in an Aft Suite. Now we have to wait almost 600 days but that is almost too far out to even start getting excited about it:) Something about the latest sale I could not resist. 

That is so exciting!  Part of the fun of cruising is the anticipation and the planning.  Enjoy the next 600 days and I hope you share your experiences here!

28 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

This part is joking, right?

Yes and no - I do know about NCL "sales" but well I got to looking at some of our bucket list cruises and just fell into the trap:)

Check out the Star for Iceland and Norway this summer.

I vowed I would never sail on her again but the prices were too good to pass.  Either I’ll have a great adventure or a great story.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

I vowed I would never sail on her again but the prices were too good to pass.  Either I’ll have a great adventure or a great story.

Some great late booking Star prices  and UK just had 50% off FAS which was real saving of £100 on most of them.

Issue now is flights and  hotels gone up a lot since last year.

NCL flight credit not available on insides UK bookings

The Star Ireland later in the year are good option to look out for, round trip Southampton.

The Dawn(3 June) Southampton to Copenhagen was a steal, plenty of reasonable flights back to UK.

Looking out for a Prima deal.

NCL have some great northern itinerary this year but many are open jaw needing extra logistics even for us in the UK that are very close.

10 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

Thanks.  It looks like Star prices have been dropping steadily.  Here's a (typical) example:

image.png.4a95903446c8374b25bc5b9cd2f928cb.png

You may wish to check your prices today, because it looks like several sailings have had a further incremental drop just in the last day or two (i.e. after the "Memorial Day sale" ended🤣).  At the end of the day, it's the final price that matters, not how NCL markets it to us.😎

I don't have the Star on any of my saved searches, as I typically book inside and insist on a ship with an Observation lounge.  Of the ships I track, the only itineraries that have shown much movement over the past several months are the Prima and smaller AK ships.  There was a slight price drop on three of my 2024 bookings that occurred around May 2, so I did reprice those at that time.

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Thanks.  It looks like Star prices have been dropping steadily.  Here's a (typical) example:

image.png.4a95903446c8374b25bc5b9cd2f928cb.png

You may wish to check your prices today, because it looks like several sailings have had a further incremental drop just in the last day or two (i.e. after the "Memorial Day sale" ended🤣).  At the end of the day, it's the final price that matters, not how NCL markets it to us.😎

I don't have the Star on any of my saved searches, as I typically book inside and insist on a ship with an Observation lounge.  Of the ships I track, the only itineraries that have shown much movement over the past several months are the Prima and smaller AK ships.  There was a slight price drop on three of my 2024 bookings that occurred around May 2, so I did reprice those at that time.

The issue with these northern Europe route is flights as the airlines ask for more money less for cruise line.

One issue with the plum it can't factor in air credits.

8 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Which site are you using that does this?  If there's a better site, we certainly would like to know about it!

None.

Even the UK TA don't, they use their own packaging.

No site I have found does the full job.

The fish was good but died.

No decent UK price comparison tracking.

5 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

🤣  I guess I'm fortunate to still be able to access a living fish?

The Plum is a perfect illustration of that old adage "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."

It's a lot more fun for some to (constantly) proclaim "NCL is evil, prices are all twice what they were a year ago!!  Whaah, Whaah... 😭"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

None.

Even the UK TA don't, they use their own packaging.

No site I have found does the full job.

Is it just me, or does most of your replies almost sound like weird haikus?  😂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

🤣  I guess I'm fortunate to still be able to access a living fish?

The Plum is a perfect illustration of that old adage "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."

It's a lot more fun for some to (constantly) proclaim "NCL is evil, prices are all twice what they were a year ago!!  Whaah, Whaah... 😭"

Seriously?

nothing to do with any cruise line being evil.

No tracker catches the true fares of any cruise line all the time.

Plum is no different it has a place to track but does capture the detail.

Fishy and  the cruisecritic tracker projects failed as have others.

(Seems therealfish name is banned)

Edited by insidecabin
  • Haha 1