Room service tipping

ncgolferette

Tips are added to your onboard account automatically at a rate reflecting your room or suite.  (I think we have something like $25/day per person added).   In addition you can make a donation to the Crew Fund at the end of your voyage.   If someone really goes out of their way to help then I see nothing wrong with tipping but I would not do it as a routine on a daily basis...  Mind you I am not American and my country has a somewhat different attitude to tipping from the "mega tipping" culture in the US.

Edited by Hambagahle
  • Like 3

Just returned from Regatta Alaska. I had a number of room service deliveries and tipped the servers. I brought an envelope with a lot of small bills ones and fives that I used for not only room service but for wheelchair folks at airport, baggage porters, shuttle drivers,etc. They work hard and really appreciate it, especially the O servers.

• Like 1

We tip on board over the daily gratuity. We don't tip for room service, as it';s part of what's included in your cruise. For those who may think that's cheap of us, we usually tip $100(or more) to our cabin attendants & staff that may interact with us frequently, such as having the same waitstaff frequently. I know it's anytime dining, but often we get seated in the same area of the GD & have the same staff.

• Thanks 1