Anybody noticed any increase in anti-gay activity on any ship ?

Gunther1

On 8/22/2023 at 11:10 AM, JMSPADES said:

My husband and I cruise often each year. Normally 2-3 at a minimum. MOSTLY on NCL. We've never had any problems what so ever. We've cruised out of Miami, and Cali. I'd say be mindful when in ports as you should in any country your not 100% familiar with their customs, but have not had issues there either really.

Agree with you completely never had a problem, when I was younger on solo cruises, I was not great with dealing with aggressively pushy men/woman, but usually there was an alcohol element to their behavior and that can be on any cruise. Where the ship leaves from, the length of cruise, definitely impacts behavior.

• Like 1

I agree. I don’t think the rise of such incidents on land (at least in US) tends to translate 1:1 to cruise ship environments because of the general secure nature of travel by ship, and likely also the passenger demographic.  I suppose depending on port calls the experience could vary wildly but even then I imagine it would be isolated incidents when risk has been invited into the equation, not a targeted tragedy like we’ve seen at gay bars, pride events and house who display the pride flag, etc 😞

• 4 months later...
On 8/24/2023 at 9:20 PM, AussieVoyager said:

I’m sure it would be amazing to see the Northern Lights

We just finished up an Arctic Cruise on RC Jewel and we did a Northern Lights excursion through Viator.  Amazing!!!  We met up at 10pm outside the ship (we had an overnight) and maybe 30 of us took vans to different areas to view the lights.  Back on-board at around 2am but well worth it.

• Like 2

Hello Gay Cruisers,

Kinda along the same lines as this thread - we did Montreal/Saint Lawrence/New England last fall - rainbow flags were prevalent at all the Canadian stops - hardly any US ports - additionally we just returned from Key West where there used to be rainbows at nearly every shop - not anymore - think I saw 2 rainbows in all of KW

4 hours ago, 79limited said:

Hello Gay Cruisers,

Kinda along the same lines as this thread - we did Montreal/Saint Lawrence/New England last fall - rainbow flags were prevalent at all the Canadian stops - hardly any US ports - additionally we just returned from Key West where there used to be rainbows at nearly every shop - not anymore - think I saw 2 rainbows in all of KW

Is that anti-gay if there are not flags?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1