another laundry question - never did it before on cruise

drpclarke

1 hour ago, bluesea777 said:

2nd load submitted this morning … managed to put in bag carefully 2prs jeans, 3 prs slacks/long pants, 3 long sleeved & 2 short sleeved and 1 dress shirt.

Yeah, I’m a Bermudian!!

Way to go, bluesea!!

• Haha 1

On 6/5/2023 at 7:15 PM, www3traveler said:

As others have said, there will be a mid week laundry special.  I would not put anything that needs cold water or is delicate.  Each piece of your clothing is marked with a tag with a specific number, then thrown into a huge washing machine along with a whole lot of other peoples' clothes.

And those tags are hard to get off your clothes.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2023 at 7:40 PM, Brian V said:

, but man, free laundry?? Yes please. Free laundry twice????? Best. Perk. Ever! 🤩

If you like free laundry, there are cruise lines that give the elites unlimited laundry. Platinum level status and above. That means as many bags or parts of bags as you want to send them.

Edited by sailingships

46 minutes ago, sailingships said:

they welded the tags to my clothes

On my last cruise I got a double set of labels!  I guess they did my laundry twice for some reason - and no, it wasn't especially dirty!  Plus it took 2 days to get it back - mine was the latitudes freebie but the laundry special specifically said it would be back the following day.

I happened to be on the behind the scenes tour afterwards and asked the laundry guy if that meant they did it twice - he nodded but too much of a language barrier to know if that's what happened. It was pretty annoying to have to find and remove all the labels. 1 set was near the top, the other set near the bottom.  Even found a tag on one of my socks - which they don't usually do.

On 6/6/2023 at 1:12 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

Well, somebody once accused me of being seen in the lounge in my boxers.  Did it happen?  Could have!  I've said it before and I'll say it again, if Tony Soprano can walk down his driveway in his boxers to pick up his newspaper, SO CAN I. 🤣

Fictional characters can do anything they like

On 6/7/2023 at 11:39 AM, 9tee2Sea said:

No one cares if you wear the same outfit more than once.  you will see many folks wearing the same thing for the entire cruise ( mostly men).  Pack light, and keep your open for those special purchases.

Saw a woman on one cruise wear the same polka dot dress every day.  It always seemed clean.  I saw her leave the last day with no luggage, I figured she probably had a portable tooth brush, washed and hung her dress up to dry overnight.  I dubbed her the Jack Reacher of cruising.

• Haha 3

On 6/5/2023 at 11:46 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

Have you actually had any problems with NCL laundry?  If so, you'll be the first.

I am not sure which ship it was, but I am thinking it was Dawn several years ago. I sent out some PJs and shorts to be washed. The next afternoon our room steward and an officer came to the room to let me know that there would be a delay getting my clothes back due to a small fire in the laundry room. They weren't burned, but smelled like smoke, so they were going to rewash them. They still smelled a little after the second washing, so I did not wear them again until I rewashed them at home. I did appreciate the effort they made, and their apology for the delay. I haven't used the free Platinum and above laundry special since, though my husband has. Occasionally, I have washed some undies in the bathroom sink. I hate taking the time to do laundry in my room. I try to pack two pairs per day which hubby thinks is excessive.

To the light packers: It's no problem repeating outfits, but please stay clean. I have been on the elevator with some people that I do not think ever showered or did laundry! 

On 6/12/2023 at 8:50 AM, mugtech said:

Saw a woman on one cruise wear the same polka dot dress every day.  It always seemed clean.  I saw her leave the last day with no luggage, I figured she probably had a portable tooth brush, washed and hung her dress up to dry overnight.  I dubbed her the Jack Reacher of cruising.

It’s a popular challenge to wear the same dress for 100 days and just accessorize it differently!  Usually it’s a solid color though, because a pattern is too distinctive.

• Like 2