Long time cruiser, first time HAL guest - I have Koningsdam Thermal Spa Questions :)

wurm914

My friend and I are booked on the Vancouver > Hawaii > Vancouver cruise in October and are considering Thermal Spa passes.  Can anyone tell me what floor the Thermal Spa is located and any information on how the TS is on the Koningsdam's spa in particular?   I very often get the thermal spa pass on NCL ships and wonder how the HAL Koningsdam will compare.

Thank you for any info,

deb 🙂

It is on Deck 9 (as it is on all the Pinnacle Class ships). The configuration between ships is identical/neatly identical, the the thalassotherapy pool in a separate room, immediately forward of the Lido pool. Heated loungers and other features are in a room on the starboard exterior very nearby.

• Like 1

Deck 9 forward.

It’s a great thermal suite.

The thalassotherapy pool is huge so never feels crowded even on very busy days. Plenty of tile loungers with a great view. Only once in 3 sold out cruises did I have to wait for a lounger more than a few minutes.

The nicest thing about HAL’s spa versus our experience on NCL is that other patrons seem to respect the quiet/serenity part more. No loud chatting etc.

Overall, the ships are WAY more chill than NCL, so you won’t feel quite as bombarded by life when you step out of the spa, too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Is it possible to purchase a pass for a day or is it for the entire cruise?

@jules815 you can buy a day pass for $50. If you decide you like it and want it for the duration of your cruise, you can typically upgrade and pay the difference. 1 week/7 days is $149, so it would be $99 to upgrade.

I LOVE the thermal spa - it's my "must have" every time!

Welcome to HAL - enjoy your cruise!