Rotterdam to Delft on my own

Hi I am booked on MSC Virtuosa and would like to visit Delft from Rotterdam cruise port. It looks to be easy traveling by bus and metro. Ship is in port 8 hours. Cant find a tour that does this

from Rotterdam. Any help or suggestions. I am 80 and use a walker.😆

6 hours ago, skings said:

Hi I am booked on MSC Virtuosa and would like to visit Delft from Rotterdam cruise port. It looks to be easy traveling by bus and metro. Ship is in port 8 hours. Cant find a tour that does this

from Rotterdam. Any help or suggestions. I am 80 and use a walker.😆

FE you leave the cruise terminal on a Sunday (I reckoned extra time for you with walker) at 08:16 for a 8 minute walk tot Metro station Wilhelminaplein. You go to "Perron 1" for a metro in the direction of The Hague Centraal at 08:24. Arrival at railway station Rotterdam Centraal at 08:31. 6 minutes walk (64 meters) to Spoor 9 inside the station. At 08:42 Intercity train in the Direction of Amsterdam Centraal. Arrival in Delft 08:54 AM.. You can easily check all possibilities at www.9292.nl   Choose you language. Departure from "Cruise terminal Rotterdam" and To Delft railway station. The railway Station in Delft is "just accross the street" from one of the "entrances" to the center. 

I am looking at the same journey from Amsterdam port ( as yet undefined if city or IJmiden) .  I love trains and trams and consider them part of the enjoyment.  I am interested in visiting the Delft factory and museum to learn a bit more about the old designs and history of Delft ware.  Viking might offer a trip but really dont want to be tied to a short time line or one where I am pulled away from what really interests me.  Thank you for the timely post @skings

5 hours ago, Meander Ingwa said:

I am looking at the same journey from Amsterdam port ( as yet undefined if city or IJmiden) .  I love trains and trams and consider them part of the enjoyment.  I am interested in visiting the Delft factory and museum to learn a bit more about the old designs and history of Delft ware.  Viking might offer a trip but really dont want to be tied to a short time line or one where I am pulled away from what really interests me.  Thank you for the timely post @skings

You already found the address of Royal Delft?  https://royaldelft.com/en/contact-openinghours/     Rotterdamseweg 196    2628 AR Delft .   See www.9292.nl too.  From Cruiseboulevard in IJmuiden it could take in total 2 hours....From Cruise Terminal Amsterdam about  1:30 from terminal to their entrance door.....  Enjoy their work!   

• Thanks 1