Culinary classes

Lenbro1944

In the culinary classes all the ingredients you will use are there.  As the chef explains what you will be preparing in the first recipe, her assistants set up everything you will be using at your station.  After you cook the first item in the class, the chef explains the next one you will cook and the assistants set up everything you need for recipe number two, etc.

I think there may be some shore excursions where you go shopping with a chef, but it's not related to a culinary class.

2 hours ago, basor said:

I believe the shopping and cooking classes are booked under shore excursions and are not part of the regular culinary classes

I suspect you're right.  The "go shopping" bit is from a comment in the Vista "Full Ship Tour" on YouTube by [redacted travel agent].

We did a shopping & culinary center tour in Casablanca a few years ago. Was lots of fun - got to visit several food markets, the chef did the buying, and we all prepared a dish back onboard. 

13 hours ago, babysteps said:

We did a shopping & culinary center tour in Casablanca a few years ago. Was lots of fun - got to visit several food markets, the chef did the buying, and we all prepared a dish back onboard. 

"Tour" = "shore excursion", not "culinary class"?

12 minutes ago, babysteps said:

Correct, sold as a tour. Included class time in the culinary center. 

Thanks!

After scurrying to check our next cruise, I even found a "CD = Culinary Discovery" badge listed for excursions, but none for that cruise. 

• Like 1