Blue Chip Club Help

What’s is the latest with BCC deals? We called and the BCC rep said the discount would be based on our gambling on our last cruise only? I thought it was based on the cruises you have taken for the whole year? He said it changed in the last couple months?

Maybe we need to call and talk to someone else?

Any suggestions or help would be really appreciated.

Yes, there is really a lot of inconsistent information from BCC. It really depends on the agent you speak with. From my experience on the last 6 cruises we have taken since Covid ended its always been based on your last play….

• Like 1

When cruising volume was down, offers were plentiful and generous.  Now the best I can get is Net 20 when I use to get Net 60 or complimentary veranda.  However, my husband plays much less than I do and they offer him a complimentary cabin.  Not sure how it works.  I wait for an offer or check when onboard. Most times that is the very best offer these days.  Emailing them does not even get a response.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Oh ok! I will try calling again and maybe get a different person on the phone.

Thanks for your help. If others want to chime in feel free!,

Offers are generated by the computers, you either have an offer or you don’t which is solely based on your last sailings play.  BCC reps can and do give incorrect info but a different rep cannot manually create an offer.  FYI, they fired all the BCC reps from US reps and now they’re all out of Mexico City 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, dazey said:

When cruising volume was down, offers were plentiful and generous.  Now the best I can get is Net 20 when I use to get Net 60 or complimentary veranda.  However, my husband plays much less than I do and they offer him a complimentary cabin.  Not sure how it works.  I wait for an offer or check when onboard. Most times that is the very best offer these days.  Emailing them does not even get a response.

It’s all about theo, which is inclusive of the games house edge…So for comped rooms, slots are best and blackjack is the worst per $1 bet

Spoke to a BCC agent as well and she told me that their terms changed a few months ago. Last time I got a free aqua class cabin but now, with similar play, only getting an ocean view. And I believe before it was just a small amount to upgrade to aqua (e.g. $20 per day) but now they're going to charge the difference between the free cabin and aqua. 

2 minutes ago, oneupchuck said:

Spoke to a BCC agent as well and she told me that their terms changed a few months ago. Last time I got a free aqua class cabin but now, with similar play, only getting an ocean view. And I believe before it was just a small amount to upgrade to aqua (e.g. $20 per day) but now they're going to charge the difference between the free cabin and aqua. 

I think most of us deep down knew it wouldn't be around very long, it was eliminated at the start of this year.  Honestly surprised someone thought up a small upgrade fee for only AQ, skipping concierge class and then management seemingly approved it

On 6/11/2023 at 3:04 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

I think most of us deep down knew it wouldn't be around very long, it was eliminated at the start of this year.  Honestly surprised someone thought up a small upgrade fee for only AQ, skipping concierge class and then management seemingly approved it

The whole thing about that $20 upgrade thing was it was all dependent on what inventory was given to BCC and it wasn't applicable to all cruises. I've had this discussion many, many, many times here on CC over the past several years and TBH I was never able to get that 'deal' on any BCC comped cruise we took from at least 2019. It was ALWAYS done as a repricing from the internal value of the comped Balcony room and the amount of the additional charges was ALWAYS thousands of dollars. 

Edited by kwokpot

35 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

The whole thing about that $20 upgrade thing was it was all dependent on what inventory was given to BCC and it wasn't applicable to all cruises. I've had this discussion many, many, many times here on CC over the past several years and TBH I was never able to get that 'deal' on any BCC comped cruise we took from at least 2019. It was ALWAYS done as a repricing from the internal value of the comped Balcony room and the amount of the additional charges was ALWAYS thousands of dollars. 

In my experience, you're absolutely correct, that there is a X cap on BCC AQ rooms and another X cap on the overall number of BCC rooms. I was only able to find the $20 upgrade on board with future cruises.  If nothing else, future cruises was able to quickly look up a ship sailing, if no availability, in seconds, move on to the next sailing, etc.  Even in 2019-2020, when calling BCC call center, it took what felt like several minutes for them to change sailings and after checking a few sailing they seemingly got annoyed