ABC Islands and Ship Question

2 hours ago, RedIguana said:

Port stops every day. No sea days. Often have stops in the Lesser Antilles, going as far south as Grenada. And San Juan is a nice place to visit pre or post cruise. 

Edit: if flying, not sure it makes a big difference flying to south Fl vs San Juan.

I get the attraction for some.  I love some of the unique ports that you get when sailing out of San Juan. 

However, a port everyday is just a deal breaker for us.  Now this is just me personally, but that would be exhausting.  We're an active family, but a cruise is meant to be relaxing as well.  I want at least 3 sea days on a 7 night or longer cruise.

28 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

It does seem a lot to have a port every day but 4 sea days which is what most of these cruises have is a bit much. As i said at least grandeur of the seas goes to puerta plata as well.

Yeah I can see that. 

Our best cruise ever was a 9 night from Miami to Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao and Labadee.  So of the 8 full days, 4 were amazing ports and then also 4 sea days.  It was wonderful to cruise that long and spread it out.  Plus the Navigator had just been amped a few weeks prior so everything was fresh and new, plus the additional new venues like updated pool deck, Playmakers, El Loco Fresh, Escape Room, laser tag, Tiki bar, Lime and Coconut...

I would love to go back and relive that cruise.

My favorite tour on Aruba is 2 person UTV through DePalm Tours, DW not so much.  Might be available through ship (although we did it when we stayed on the island).  Rock crawling, high speed and lots of sights on the east side of the island.  You do need either goggles or good glasses and they will give you a bandana.  

Downside is Aruba has lots of red soil.  Two weeks to get red color out of my hair....