When did this change?

Jazzytelly

A lot easier for the girls than the boys on a formal night. Wonder if my grandsons can wear their school blazers but I’m sure they wouldn’t want to. Oh well jackets will probably have to be on the shopping list. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Jazzytelly said:

Are dress codes the same for children?

For those travelling on family-friendly ships, dress codes also don’t apply to children aged 12 and under. However, they can still dress to impress if they want to!

https://www.pocruises.com/what-to-wear

It used to be 17 and under didn’t it. 

It applied to my son as a young teenager, he is now 31.

9 hours ago, amajaa said:

A lot easier for the girls than the boys on a formal night. Wonder if my grandsons can wear their school blazers but I’m sure they wouldn’t want to. Oh well jackets will probably have to be on the shopping list. 

Our 2 grandsons just wore their school black trousers and a white shirt.  Bought them both a small tie. No need for a jacket for them. 

No idea about the rule change as my two are in their 30’s. 
On Iona at the moment and the children at last nights formal looked fabulous, a lot of adults didn’t bother but each to their own.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thornegirl said:

Our 2 grandsons just wore their school black trousers and a white shirt.  Bought them both a small tie. No need for a jacket for them. 

I have seen numerous young boys in the same sort of outfit as you describe and they look very smart. I don’t think any maitre’d would require a jacket for young lads.

4 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I have seen numerous young boys in the same sort of outfit as you describe and they look very smart. I don’t think any maitre’d would require a jacket for young lads.

The rules have now changed from 17 to 12 though so perhaps they will have to now 

3 minutes ago, amajaa said:

The rules have now changed from 17 to 12 though so perhaps they will have to now 

Perhaps you are correct but I can’t see even the fashion police getting their underwear in an uproar about a child not wearing a jacket on a formal night.

The issue could be that some 14 years olds look 20.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thornegirl said:
10 hours ago, amajaa said:

Our grandsons, aged from 12 just loved looking smart! It’s amazing how many appear to think the same. Maybe the absence of peer pressure helps!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thornegirl said:

presumably that was before the rule changed to over 12, it used to be 17, the same dress code as adults. I am referring to formal nights here. Some 13 to 14 year olds can look 18 and especially 16 and 17 year olds will probably look older. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jazzytelly said:

presumably that was before the rule changed to over 12, it used to be 17, the same dress code as adults. I am referring to formal nights here. Some 13 to 14 year olds can look 18 and especially 16 and 17 year olds will probably look older. 

This was on Iona last august. Boys were 13 and 15. Can’t remember seeing any children their age wearing jackets. 

59 minutes ago, thornegirl said:

This was on Iona last august. Boys were 13 and 15. Can’t remember seeing any children their age wearing jackets. 

The rules seem to have changed recently but no one knows when. I expect most people don’t know about the rule change including the crew. 

Soneone has just posted elsewhere saying they contacted P & O and asked about this and the reply was that it was a mistake and it should have read 17 and under. Panic over 

Edited by Jazzytelly