Booking Specialty Dining for Group

We have a large group of people going on cruise (multiple separate roomsa/bookings) and would like to book specialty dining at least one night together. Can 1 person make reservations online or will it use up all of your personal specialty dining credits? 

My husband and I have 3 nights specialty dining for the 2 of us. If we book reserve for 8-10 people on a night, will it eat up all of our credits plus charge us additional above, in addition to preventing us from booking 2 other nights for just ourselves?

Thank you for any help! We are new to NCL and haven’t cruised in many years.

You can make the reservations for everyone. When you get to the Venue, it goes by their stateroom number. Those with the FREE Specialty Dining Promo, no charge, those that do not have the promo or Specialty Dining package will be billed to their stateroom.  

When you book a restaurant it doesn’t use up any dining credits. As stated above, you tell the server at the time how each person wants to pay.

Just be careful if you are booking fixed price places (Moderno and Teppanyaki). This is the only area where the number of dining credits you have is relevant to pre booking. Make sure that you book these places first in order to avoid having to prepay for everyone. If you want to book more fixed price places than you have dining credits then you could get someone else in a different room to book one.

There is more detail about how this all works in the link in my signature.

There is no limit to the number of restaurants you can book. A person with 2 dining credits can book a speciality restaurant every night. They just have to work out how they are paying for them when they go there.

Having said that, the online system usually doesn’t allow people to book the same restaurant more than once (there are exceptions to this, so I’m sure someone will be along soon to tell us how they were able to do so). If you hit this restriction then you can get round it by calling, although we usually just wait until we board to do those final one or two reservations.

As always, book fixed price places first.

• Like 1