Nonrefundable deposits depending on cruise

rocklinmom

I am looking at summer 2024 cruise options and noticed that depending on the itinerary some deposits are nonrefundable. I have cruised Princess for over 20 years and deposits have always been refundable. Is this a new thing since I cruised last year? For example, I am comparing summer 2024 cruises in Alaska, Norway, and the Med and the Med deposit says nonrefundable. But for Norway and Alaska the deposits are refundable. It doesn't matter if I select Standard or Plus. 

Please review past threads regarding non refundable deposits. Princess has recently implemented non refundable deposits for most GTY lead-in categories, which are usually the lowest meta with the second letter being ‘F’ where applicable. You can only book these categories as GTY and with non refundable deposit, usually if you go one category up with the second letter being ‘E’ you should be able to book as refundable unless ‘E’ is the lowest category.

A few months ago Princess made the lowest category in each Meta category  guarantee only and non-refundable.

They also made non-refundable an option on other categories.

26 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

I'm not looking at guarantee cabins, these are regular select your own cabins. 

Yes, another poster noticed the same issue on the Sun next summer.  Both You choose and Princess chooses are non refundable deposits in categories that are not lead in.  Just in Europe though.

The TA and once it is in the Caribbean, in the Fall, it’s back to “you choose” as fully refundable deposit.  Not sure if this is intentional or an IT error.😳

I did not check every sailing, just scanned a sampling of dates.

• Thanks 1