Adding 'Plus' after booking on the App/Personaliser - I'm struggling!

Crystaltipps67

I booked our cruise through a TA (in the UK). Did not include 'Plus' at the time of booking. Now decided I'd like to add it. TA says 'do it through the personaliser or if they do it for me they want to stiff me for a £25 pp 'amendment fee'. But I don't seem to be able to do it on the personaliser - can't find a place on the app where I can book it, nor on the website in the personaliser. Anyone got any clues? Princess web chat say that I need to talk to my TA but I'm to prepared to pay their amendment fee and Princess won't add it for me. 

I believe it's possible to book on board - if I do that presumably it will be at the $60 rate rather than the ££ rate that I'm being quoted in the UK. Is that right? And is it easy to do when you get aboard? 

(And please no comments about whether or not Plus is worth it - I've done my maths and am happy with my decision 🙂 thanks.)

Many thanks

On the App, you should be able to book it from the first box (Ocean Ready Travel Checklist).

Last option in the box:

"Payment Methods and Packages"

"Packages"

If you don't see that, it might be different in the U.K. (I'm in the US), or different because you  booked through a TA.

Yes, you can also book on board which currently would be at $60/day with no guarantees that the price doesn't increase.

I should add...I am just assuming this works....I already have Plus, so I can't try it....

Edited by dreaminofcruisin

Thanks - when I do that I get pushed to the personaliser, which shows me the package but doesn't actually allow me to book it. It says contact Princess or your TA. Princess won't add it and I will not pay the TA's amendment fee if I can book on board. It actually might benefit to book on  board in $$ because I think that with current exchange rates I'd be marginally better off against the UK price being offered of £50 per day.

I'll stop worrying and do it on board as soon as we get on.

2 minutes ago, Crystaltipps67 said:

Oh that's a small but good bonus! Is it easy to do onboard? I have visions of spending hours in a queue at Guest Relations when I should be relaxing with a drink!

I did it on the App. It was easy. Though I do believe you can purchase it from a waiter or bartender. Or Guest Services.

I boarded and went to my room. Purchased the app on my phone and then went to the dining room and ordered a drink with lunch!

For me it was cheaper. If I did it before, it would increase the cost of insurance. Also, onboard, I could use OBC. It worked well.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1