low sodium, low potassium diet

BeckyUK97

Hello there! My family and I will be on the Spirit this December and my father-in-law is on a restricted diet due to kidney disease. He would need a low sodium and low potassium diet. I have heard that if we contact the special needs team they can put us in touch with the maitre d and my FIL will be able to pick out a meal every day for the next night in the dining room. My question is: what can he do for breakfast and lunch? Can he go to the buffet and request items with no salt? He also is diabetic and needs to watch carbs as well. I figure Carnival can be accommodating but we are just wondering what his options may be. Thanks for any advice/help!

On 6/16/2023 at 6:54 PM, BeckyUK97 said:

Hello there! My family and I will be on the Spirit this December and my father-in-law is on a restricted diet due to kidney disease. He would need a low sodium and low potassium diet. I have heard that if we contact the special needs team they can put us in touch with the maitre d and my FIL will be able to pick out a meal every day for the next night in the dining room. My question is: what can he do for breakfast and lunch? Can he go to the buffet and request items with no salt? He also is diabetic and needs to watch carbs as well. I figure Carnival can be accommodating but we are just wondering what his options may be. Thanks for any advice/help!

You can contact Special Needs prior to sailing or speak to the Maitre once onboard.  They cannot be contacted ahead.  Breakfast and brunch is served in the MDR.  It is unlikely they will specially prepare a single serving of a buffet item.  

• Like 1