Navigator - Bangkok to Abu Dhabi

My wife and I are celebrating our 35 wedding anniversary on the Navigator, April 5 - 25, 2024.  We have been on the Explorer, and fell in love with the RSS experience.  We have sailed on Crystal, Seabourn, and HAL.  We have traveled all over North America and Europe, but have never been to Asia. The size and age of the Navigator doesn't bother us at all, and we both have wanderlust so we make excellent travel partners.  We love smaller ships and love the charm of older ships.  We secured the Navigator suite 931.  I read on here where the 10th floor poll bar and grill are above, so I made sure our suite is not below either.  I have read many posts on the ship, but haven't read many on the destinations.  I would love to hear some dos/don'ts of the itinerary and particularly the excursions. 

Any advice is greatly appreciated!  

LOVE this forum!  

Edward

I should have included this on my original post.  The itinerary is;

Bankok, Thailand

Ko Samui, Thailand

Singapore, Singapore

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysa

Penang, Malaysa

Phuket, Thailand

Sabang, Indonesia

Colombo, Sri Lanka

Cochin, India

Mangalore, India

Goa, India

Bombay, India

Fujairah, UAE

Dubai, UAE

Abu Dhabi, UAE

When we did a similar itinerary of the Indian ports we took advantage of the overland tour to the Taj Mahal and the Red Fort.   The tour company contracted by Regent did a marvelous job and as you can see from my Avatar of the TM it was one of the most memorable trips we have taken.  The downside is that you miss all the other ports in India but I have no regrets.  In our case we had an overnight in Mumbai so we got to see some of it but even if we hadn't i still would have no regrets on missing it. 

On one of our stops in Fujairah, we did a 4x4 dune tour and it was excellent and a lot of fun. 

• Like 2

I would do a pre-cruise to Seem Reap to see Angkor Wat.  Easy to book on your own.  I would then allow plenty of time to see Bangkok and surroundings.  Flying in a week early should be sufficient.  If you have never, been I would second the recommendation on seeing Taj Mahal.  

edited to add:  Your cabin appears to be right under the smoking section; did you really want to be on deck 9?  I really like Cat E on deck 6 for convenience.

Edited by mrlevin
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mrlevin said:

I would do a pre-cruise to Seem Reap to see Angkor Wat.  Easy to book on your own.  I would then allow plenty of time to see Bangkok and surroundings.  Flying in a week early should be sufficient.  If you have never, been I would second the recommendation on seeing Taj Mahal.  

edited to add:  Your cabin appears to be right under the smoking section; did you really want to be on deck 9?  I really like Cat E on deck 6 for convenience.

Thanks for the comments and advice!  

As far as the cabin, we wanted the Navigator Suite, and they are all (except one on 11) are on the 9th floor.  

7 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Agree it’s these side trips. SR for Angkor Wat is very easy to arrange  on your own. It is a short direct flight from Bangkok with several flights a day A private car and driver are easy to find…  Check the port section of CC and Trip Advisor. A night or two depending on flight times would be enough time for the highlights. If Regent is offering an overland trip to the Tag is worth it also. That part of India is worth seeing!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, HotRoot said:

This is how we did the Taj, Angor, Petra, Pyramids, etc.  www.nationalgeographic.com/expeditions/destinations/around-the-world/private-jet/around-the-world-jet-tour

What an amazing journey!  Wow!

• 3 weeks later...