LGA to Manhattan Cruise Port

sunshine4me2

We will be cruising on NCL Escape, Sunday October 15th, first time for us for East Coast cruise.

We are flying in "day of" from Chicago, arriving at 9:30 a.m. 

Considered NCL transfers, but have decided against it.

• Which is the best, costsaving, way to get from LGA to MCP?  Uber, taxi, or prebooked  ride, (I've already ran a quote from Carmel and it was about $42)
  • Additionally, we are booked on a 12 noon return flight on Sunday, the 22nd from LGA.  Again, which is the best way to get back to the airport from the Pier? (Carmel quote for the return was about $39.00)  
  • Also, since we have a 12 noon flight, what time should we schedule ourselves to disembark the ship to make it to the airport in time?

🙂Thanks to all in advance for your input and insight! 

6 hours ago, sunshine4me2 said:

We will be cruising on NCL Escape, Sunday October 15th, first time for us for East Coast cruise.

We are flying in "day of" from Chicago, arriving at 9:30 a.m. 

Considered NCL transfers, but have decided against it.

• Which is the best, costsaving, way to get from LGA to MCP?  Uber, taxi, or prebooked  ride, (I've already ran a quote from Carmel and it was about $42)
  • Additionally, we are booked on a 12 noon return flight on Sunday, the 22nd from LGA.  Again, which is the best way to get back to the airport from the Pier? (Carmel quote for the return was about $39.00)  
  • Also, since we have a 12 noon flight, what time should we schedule ourselves to disembark the ship to make it to the airport in time?

🙂Thanks to all in advance for your input and insight! 

"Best" and "cost saving" are polar opposites. Best would be a luxury limo service, but that's going to cost you a lot more than the quotes you got from Carmel.

I assume what you want is safe, reliable,  convenient transportation other than mass transit (NY City public bus and subways) at a reasonable price.

Your price quotes from Carmel fit the bill. It's doubtful Uber or a taxi would cost less, absolutely not significantly less, and on any particular day they could be more, so if you want to lock in a ride and price then make the bookings with Carmel. 

I'd be off the ship at 9 .

40 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

"Best" and "cost saving" are polar opposites. Best would be a luxury limo service, but that's going to cost you a lot more than the quotes you got from Carmel.

I assume what you want is safe, reliable,  convenient transportation other than mass transit (NY City public bus and subways) at a reasonable price.

Your price quotes from Carmel fit the bill. It's doubtful Uber or a taxi would cost less, absolutely not significantly less, and on any particular day they could be more, so if you want to lock in a ride and price then make the bookings with Carmel. 

I'd be off the ship at 9 .

Great information!  

As we usually cruise FL ports, I didn't know where to start in my planning from NYC port.

Thanks for your quick input!