Cabanas on Eurodam

Dutchie20

Are there cabanas for rent poolside on the Eurodam? Or only on the upper deck? Are these reserved once on board?

Also is the Orange party a casual affair/party? Thought I saw something somewhere that made reference to it and not sure what it is.

Thanks again for any information anyone may have.

38 minutes ago, Dutchie20 said:

Thank you!

Are the cabanas reserved once on board or can that be done prior?

If you look at the link posted you can see that pre-booking can be done but is only for the entire voyage.  If you want one for only a day that is only done once on board *and* if any are available.  (So you are taking a chance that not all of them are fully pre-booked).

• Like 1

I would caution you about trying to wait for on board availability. Cabanas are a pretty scarce resource and I honestly don't recall seeing many available for daily rentals. We booked one for a mid December cruise in mid April and wound up with our 3rd choice of locations. (You now pick the cabana in advance, which is a nice improvement IMHO.)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dutchie20 said:

Thank you! Yes indeed it is right there and I did not completely read it. 

Don't worry. It's a lot to take in on the first read through.

• Like 1

Hi POA1,

How did you determine which cabana was an ideal location? Even though I know the locations of the cabanas, I'm not sure how to figure that out. Also, is there a balcony or is it closed in in the cabana area? Wondering about a breeze......

18 minutes ago, Murray's Pop said:

Has anyone done the Eurodam Retreat Cabana on an Alaskan cruise?  We are booked for next May and was wondering if it was worth it.

We did a HAL Alaska cruise last year, I can't remember which ship. Anyway, the Cabana area was COMPLELTELY empty the entire cruise. No one on that ship felt the cabana area was worth it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, friendswithdave said:

We did a HAL Alaska cruise last year, I can't remember which ship. Anyway, the Cabana area was COMPLELTELY empty the entire cruise. No one on that ship felt the cabana area was worth it.

I love them but not for Alaska.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Murray's Pop said:

Has anyone done the Eurodam Retreat Cabana on an Alaskan cruise?  We are booked for next May and was wondering if it was worth it.

We love the Retreat and rented a cabana in Alaska for the entire trip a year ago.  While we had a fantastic view of the scenery, it was really too cold and wet to use most of the week. You could always wait till you're onboard and reserve one if you have a day with nice, dry weather.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dutchie20 said:

Hi POA1,

How did you determine which cabana was an ideal location? Even though I know the locations of the cabanas, I'm not sure how to figure that out. Also, is there a balcony or is it closed in in the cabana area? Wondering about a breeze......

I know you didn’t ask me but there is no ideal.  It’s what you prefer.  Not sure what you mean by balcony.  If you are on the pinnacle ships I would pick the side cabanas.  On the non pinnacle I would get one facing the pool because there is more airflow.  On the pinnacle ships there is a lot more plexiglass in the cabanas and it cuts the airflow considerably.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2023 at 2:38 PM, Dutchie20 said:

Hi POA1,

Sorry for the delay. I just saw your post. We normally like the airflow in the cabanas that face the Lido pool. However, on the Pinnacle class ships those cabanas have solid Plexiglas dividers on all sides. So, we were looking for a cabana that faces out the side. We wanted one in the middle of the side row. Not too close to the entrance and not too close to the family cabanas. The family cabanas can be a little loud.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I just don’t see the value on cold cruises.  I’m used to the cold living in a climate where the winter seems 10 months long.

Someone, who writes well (sorry for forgetting his name) had a cabana on an Alaska sailing. I can't quite grasp the cold weather cabana appeal, but his writing made a compelling case for it.

Took the time to look it up. (Because I am committed to quality!) The author is @visagrunt

Edited by POA1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, POA1 said:

Someone, who writes well (sorry for forgetting his name) had a cabana on an Alaska sailing. I can't quite grasp the cold weather cabana appeal, but his writing made a compelling case for it.

Took the time to look it up. (Because I am committed to quality!) The author is @visagrunt

I know some enjoy it.  It’s a waste of money for me.  That said Alaska isn’t something I personally enjoy and I’m really not looking to hear why I should.  Just like some don’t like hot weather.