Wheelchair Access Meraviglia YC Room 15039

Glitchlo

Today we just got back from an awesome one week cruise on the MSC Meriviglia. We stayed in the Yacht Club (accessible room 15039) and one of us is in a wheelchair. Some have asked about accessibility so will focus this note on such.

1)     Room- 15039 is only accessible room in the Yacht club. I have included pictures of the room. Wish they had more than 1 such room in YC but it fully met our needs. To make things much better MSC should add a swing down grab bar between toilet and shower for use on toilet and make door swing open with button.

2)     Crew was awesome and always ready to help where they could. Cannot overemphasize this point. Friendly, efficient (except for tram issue) and hard working

3)     Pools were not accessible for one in chair as it had no chair lifts as other lines do.

4)     On Ocean Cay we waited 45 minutes for a special tram car. This was a faulty communication issue as we finally had to go get it. First off ship and one of last to get to YC beach area. Crew at beach area nicely setup a shady area for us. Water is not accessible as it was rocky (smooth rocks though)

5)     Embarkation and disembarkation went well with chair/YC getting priority.

6)     Ship was fully nicely accessible by elevators. Saw a few in scooters.

Hope this helps

PXL_20230612_154419149.jpg

PXL_20230612_154437151.jpg

PXL_20230612_154457236.jpg

PXL_20230612_154522475.jpg

PXL_20230612_154527856.jpg

Was your wheelchair easily accommodated in the Broadway Theater and the Carousel Lounge?  I was told that you have to walk down a few stairs to reach the handicapped seating in the Broadway Theater.  While not using a wheelchair, one member of our group uses a rollator and cannot descend/ascend stairs easily.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, sbcs5390 said:

So sorry to hear this. Would you have any tips to prevent this happening for others? 

Only to be persistent if nothing happens after 10-15 minutes. Unfortunately did not work for me 🙂

2 hours ago, Glitchlo said:

Only to be persistent if nothing happens after 10-15 minutes. Unfortunately did not work for me 🙂

Had you coordinated with butler? Or was it with the staff there on the island at the transport center when you first walk out that slipped on the coordination? 

1 hour ago, sbcs5390 said:

Had you coordinated with butler? Or was it with the staff there on the island at the transport center when you first walk out that slipped on the coordination? 

was the person on the island. Everyone pointed me there and she supposedly made a number of calls but at some point she should have seeked help. When after 45 she went to look she found the culprit.

2 hours ago, Glitchlo said:

was the person on the island. Everyone pointed me there and she supposedly made a number of calls but at some point she should have seeked help. When after 45 she went to look she found the culprit.

Bummer. Thanks for the info!

On 6/18/2023 at 6:00 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

Looks like a very nice room.  Thank you for sharing the pics.  It was my understanding that YC also had at least one accessible interior room as well...or am I thinking of a different ship?

For interior, at least three to five on the Sea-class ships, and for balcony a usually two to four on Seas-class). No interior disability rooms on Meraviglia or Davina class, none that I know of.

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
On 6/19/2023 at 4:01 PM, Glitchlo said:

Did not go to Broadway but Carousel was easily accessible (tables in rear)

Hi  - On the deck plans, 15039 is a connecting cabin.  Did you hear any noise from the other cabin?  I'm thinking of taking my mom for her 90th birthday but we need an accessible room. 

Thanks!

Barb

9 hours ago, BDL said:

Hi  - On the deck plans, 15039 is a connecting cabin.  Did you hear any noise from the other cabin?  I'm thinking of taking my mom for her 90th birthday but we need an accessible room. 

Thanks!

Barb

No our room was quiet. 2 factors might be connecting door on opposite side from bed and when at sea we sleep with sliding door open a crack allowing white noise of water yet no bird entry