Preziosa questions

marchcruz

We are on the Preziosa this October out of Hamburg. Last fall we were on Splendida from Genoa and enjoyed it very much. Here are some questions I have:

1) are these two ships pretty much similar in overall feel?

2) I just was diagnosed with diabetes… I filled out the online special needs form but am wondering if they’ll have the ability to provide low-carb options in the dining room (I’m not a fan of buffets:-) ) Anyone have experience with diabetes on MSC?

3) Anyone have tips on possibly getting a table for two for dinner? The people we sat with last year were fine, but our jobs are very people-oriented and we’d love to not feel like we needed to make small talk with strangers while on vacation. 

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing from you and exploring Northern Europe on Preziosa!

Splendida and Preziosa are sister ships and very much the same design, just in different interior colours. Certainly the same feel. 

If you've booked the YC or Aurea experience you'll definitely be able to dine at a table for two. If you're Bella or Fantastica experience you'll need to speak with your assigned restaurant once you've boarded to see if a table for two is available. They're very limited on both of the above ships. 

Edited by CruisingFox27

2 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Splendida and Preziosa are sister ships and very much the same design, just in different interior colours. Certainly the same feel. 

I love the Preziosa much more than the Splendida. The infinity pool is absolutely priceless. Best pool on any MSC ship or any other cruise ship I know

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Aboard the Preziosa now from Hamburg The terminal is very modern but situated across the Elbe from the city. The cab for three and bags from the Hauptbahnhof to Steinwerder was 35 Euro. We miss not being able use the MSC app on Preziosa like we did on Splendida. I just watch how many carbs I consume. Usually have the fish entree. Food is very good.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the info about the cab! That seems very reasonable and much easier than trying to use the shuttle bus from the train station. Our hotel is close to the train station and our embarkation time is at 2 so we are hoping to do a little walking exploration of Hamburg in the morning before getting on the ship. Enjoy your cruise!! I can’t wait for ours!!

On 7/4/2023 at 6:02 PM, Ryan82 said:

With the diamond card can you choose either Butchers Cut or The Galaxy Restaurant for your complimentary dinner?

I think you can. We decided to book the "duo package" well in advance of the cruise which gave us dinner at both Butchers Cut and Galaxy and used the complimentary dinner for a second night at Butchers Cut.

Edited by Raj.K

On 9/19/2023 at 2:20 PM, marchcruz said:

Thank you for the info about the cab! That seems very reasonable and much easier than trying to use the shuttle bus from the train station. Our hotel is close to the train station and our embarkation time is at 2 so we are hoping to do a little walking exploration of Hamburg in the morning before getting on the ship. Enjoy your cruise!! I can’t wait for ours!!

FYI, the MSC shuttle is 10€ per person and runs every hour. The cab stand line is right at the station, and we stayed at Hotel Furst Bismark which is just across the street. They seem to hold to the allotted time on your paperwork for Check In.