Would you book it now?

MizLizzie

So I am new to Oceania, but have found a dream itinerary for our 30th anniversary in April.   Is it fair to say that this cruise line is in a state of flux and getting ready to make some packaging changes?  If so, what is the general consensus from the experts here? Should I book under the old “O” packages or wait and see what is new?   We would be looking at a concierge level cabin on the Vista, and we would probably want a drink package and several excursions. Many thanks for any advice. 

You could book now  then if  the new program works out better  then you can upgrade to it 

But  booking by Jun 30th  you will have time  to see what plan works best for you

JMO

1 hour ago, MizLizzie said:

So I am new to Oceania, but have found a dream itinerary for our 30th anniversary in April.   Is it fair to say that this cruise line is in a state of flux and getting ready to make some packaging changes?  If so, what is the general consensus from the experts here? Should I book under the old “O” packages or wait and see what is new?   We would be looking at a concierge level cabin on the Vista, and we would probably want a drink package and several excursions. Many thanks for any advice. 

Book now. If you like the changes with “Simply More,” it looks like there may be an option to switch (though expect a fare differential).

2 hours ago, MizLizzie said:

Just a note to agree with what others have said: book now (in June), and you can always change.

There is a very long thread: OLife moves to all-in that you could read if you have a few days and want to see an almost limitless number of comments on the topic; but what's been said here pretty much sums it up.

• Like 1

Current prices are subject to change on July 1 (the prices typically are subject to change every quarter, but not all do), so even without the new SimplyMore program, it is usually a good idea to put down your deposit on a cruise you want to take to avoid an increase. You can cancel with no penalty until a certain date (varies by cruise length, etc.) and can take advantage of the new program (or any net-saving sales) that may appear before then.

• Like 1