Private Tour in Rome - Viking Neptune

englishrider

We will be on the Viking Ocean Mediterranean Odyssey trip in September 2024 and will be in Rome on September 23.  We hope to book a private tour for 4 including the Colosseum and the Vatican Museums.  If you have had a great experience with a tour guide in Rome please let me know any details.  Also, was transportation from the ship into Rome and back included?  If not, were taxis readily available upon disembarking the ship?  Many thanks! 

RomeCabs.  Have used them 3 times with fantastic results.  Yes, they pick you up at the port and bring you back whenever you say.  Can't say enough good.  They will also put you with one of the Vatican private guides that don't wait in lines if that is of interest.  They have all the permits so can park right at the attractions and they make getting in easy and fast.  Cheers.

• Like 2

Rome In Limo is by far the best!  They will take you to off the beaten track as well as the usual stops. I have recommended them to many and EVERYONE has come back raving about their tour in Rome. I can’t say enough positives about this company!!  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, englishrider said:

We will be on the Viking Ocean Mediterranean Odyssey trip in September 2024 and will be in Rome on September 23.  We hope to book a private tour for 4 including the Colosseum and the Vatican Museums.  If you have had a great experience with a tour guide in Rome please let me know any details.  Also, was transportation from the ship into Rome and back included?  If not, were taxis readily available upon disembarking the ship?  Many thanks! 

We booked 2 days with Marisa at toursByLocals.com; she's an archaeologist-turned-guide, had worked in the Roman Forum, was extremely knowledgeable about the sites in Rome. She's a walking tour guide--no car--so you have to be prepared to walk. I would estimate that we walked at least 5 miles a day, probably more, but it was worth every step, because her wealth of knowledge was vast. She's a very nice person, punctual (arrived before our meeting time on both days) and a pleasure to be with. 

When we return to Rome, we'll use her again without hesitation.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...