Reservations for 3 Night Dining Package

Hi all,

I booked the 3 Night Dining Package for my upcoming cruise on WOTS. RCCL told me that I can't make reservations for where to dine now. They also told me THEY will choose where I dine on the first of the three nights in my package (Day 2, as that's what I selected). They said I will find out where they've chosen when I get into my stateroom on Day 1. Given all I've read about their phone support not always knowing the rules, my first question is, is this correct? If so, is there a way to change it pre-cruise or at least as soon as I board on Day 1? I don't know for sure that I won't like what they're going to choose but I want control of the choice of all three dining venues since I paid for it. Is it also true that I have to wait to get onboard before reserving the other two restaurants in my package?

Thank you for your time!

It is true that you can only book once on board.

Royal will make a courtesy reservation on night 1 or 2 but you’re free to change it to wherever and whenever you want. Do this asap after boarding at any restaurant. You can make your other reservations at the same time.

Edited by gumshoe958

Thank you for the quick responses. It would be nice for them to allow us to choose in advance but it's not the end of the world. I'll be on vacation and will be happy with whatever places we get to eat 🙂

1 minute ago, Special Ed said:

Thank you for the quick responses. It would be nice for them to allow us to choose in advance but it's not the end of the world. I'll be on vacation and will be happy with whatever places we get to eat 🙂

That perk is reserved for people who book restaurants individually at full price. 

As long as you’re prepared to be a bit flexible with times you shouldn’t have a problem getting decent reservations.

9 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

That perk is reserved for people who book restaurants individually at full price. 

As long as you’re prepared to be a bit flexible with times you shouldn’t have a problem getting decent reservations.

I'm learning to enjoy the unknown and to be flexible. Neither are my strong suit.....but I'm doing my best to grow as a person in this regard. It's a vacation...it'll be okay even if I have to eat really late or really early 🙂

18 minutes ago, Special Ed said:

I'm learning to enjoy the unknown and to be flexible. Neither are my strong suit.....but I'm doing my best to grow as a person in this regard. It's a vacation...it'll be okay even if I have to eat really late or really early 🙂

We have had a package on every cruise we have ever taken, there has never been a dining reservation made for us.  Make your first stop after board a trip to any restaurant and they will make all your reservations for you.  We have found in the past that Izumi or Wonderland rarely has a line for making all your reservations, everyone and their brothers seem to always line up a Chop's. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Special Ed said:

You can always cancel the package and pay full price.  Then you can pick ahead of time

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, molly361 said:

You can always cancel the package and pay full price.  Then you can pick ahead of time

You can also pay full price pick your days and times and also get the package,  once onboard it is easy to swap out pre paid for package nights.  We have done this several times over the years. You will receive a fully refundable OBC for the full pay reservations. 

Edited by taglovestocruise

12 minutes ago, Special Ed said:

Thank you for the suggestions. I’ll talk to my wife and the people we’re cruising with about this.

Really not a big deal. Make your reservations as soon as you board, be a little flexible and you should have no problem. Only suggestion for pre pay and switch would be for reservations at Hibachi Grill. 

• Thanks 1