Does Anyone Else Think It's Strange That The Website Doesn't Show Payment Details?

mnocket

OK, I booked through a travel agent and understand that I must make payments through the TA.  However, I find it strange that when I make a payment there doesn't seem to be any way to see an acknowledgement of that payment on the RSSC website.  Sure after I make the final payment, the Final Payment check box on the Manage My Booking page shows as filled in, but no details of when paid or how much.  In fact there doesn't seem to be any way see how much I paid for my cruise on the RSSC website - I have to go to the TA's site for that.  Just seems strange to me.  I mean if someone was dealing with a disreputable TA that pocketed the payment instead of forwarding it to RSSC, you really wouldn't know if RSSC received the payment or not.

You’re correct. Of course you can always call Regent and the agent can give you payment information. Whenever I make a payment, my TA sends me an updated Regent invoice showing current payment information.

Dave

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DaveFr said:

You’re correct. Of course you can always call Regent and the agent can give you payment information. Whenever I make a payment, my TA sends me an updated Regent invoice showing current payment information.

Dave

That's what I did.  Here's a little backstory...

I made my final payment for a December cruise on my big box TA's website.  A couple days later I realized I never received any kind of confirmation from either the TA or from RSSC - so I called the TA. They said the payment had in fact not been made and they resubmitted it.  It turns out my credit card company (Chase Sapphire Reserve) denied the payment as I had just made final payment on another cruise a few days before and the new charge exceeded my credit limit.  I called Chase and had my credit limit increased and everything is now fine.   The point is, no one informed me that the original final payment didn't go through.  Had I not become concerned that I did not receive an acknowledgement of payment and follow up, my cruise would have been canceled  a few days later for failure to make final payment.  I would now be dead as my wife would surely have killed me.😔

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, mnocket said:

That's what I did.  Here's a little backstory...

I made my final payment for a December cruise on my big box TA's website.  A couple days later I realized I never received any kind of confirmation from either the TA or from RSSC - so I called the TA. They said the payment had in fact not been made and they resubmitted it.  It turns out my credit card company (Chase Sapphire Reserve) denied the payment as I had just made final payment on another cruise a few days before and the new charge exceeded my credit limit.  I called Chase and had my credit limit increased and everything is now fine.   The point is, no one informed me that the original final payment didn't go through.  Had I not become concerned that I did not receive an acknowledgement of payment and follow up, my cruise would have been canceled  a few days later for failure to make final payment.  I would now be dead as my wife would surely have killed me.😔

Your TA should have rec'd a notice of payment failure as well as a ton of emails if there was a balance due and the final payment date was approaching.

15 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Your TA should have rec'd a notice of payment failure as well as a ton of emails if there was a balance due and the final payment date was approaching.

Yeah, but it's a big box TA and I made final payment via their website instead of calling and talking to an agent - lesson learned.  No human was involved.  Still you're right their system should have alerted someone that the payment was denied and they should have contacted me. Should, woulda, coulda.  The experience just made me think that it would be nice if the RSSC website showed payment details.

1 hour ago, mnocket said:

Yeah, but it's a big box TA and I made final payment via their website instead of calling and talking to an agent - lesson learned.  No human was involved.  Still you're right their system should have alerted someone that the payment was denied and they should have contacted me. Should, woulda, coulda.  The experience just made me think that it would be nice if the RSSC website showed payment details.

Or maybe you need a new TA.

• Like 1