Picture-A-Week 2023 - Week 26

pierces

Pictures taken between Monday, June 26 and Sunday, July 2.

This week ends the first half of 2023. If you haven't posted this year, please do. If you think you need a prize-winning cruise photo to post, please refer to my chicken with toy arms photo from last week.

Rules: See above

That's it. This isn't a contest.

All photos taken this week are welcome (not just cruising).

Prizes will not be awarded. Discovering the joy of photography is the prize.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacations and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera and share your fun with others!

These were taken this week on the reefs of Cozumel.  (Lumix LX10, Nauticam wet wide lens, red filter, blue-filtered video lights)

01.png

355363250_10223785118032082_5106227270367146823_n.jpg

355472144_10223785118912104_1077780443427693852_n.jpg

356383175_10223785117472068_8651191162008149407_n.jpg

Edited by ROUS
  • Like 7

To celebrate my wife's birthday last night, we were in Barcelona.  Sorry, not in Spain, but at a restaurant named Barcelona on their amazing patio on a perfect weather night.  At this highly-rated dining star they always deliver top quality service, an excellent outdoor setting and super dining delights.  It's in a charming, historic part of Columbus called "German Village".

Below are some visual “evidence” that Penny had a super nice birthday (and to celebrate Canada Day, too) yesterday.  Need proof?  See the visuals. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio   

Barcelona/Med: June 2011, with stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Great visuals with key highlights, tips, etc. Live/blog now at 256,662 views.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1362155-solstice-livefirst-timer-reportspix’s-italycroatian-june-7-19/

First were drinks, including red Sangria for me and “Big Girl” drinks for the ladies!:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these visuals larger/better!)

image.thumb.jpeg.8cf63f86423e82f678a4500ab61c796a.jpeg

My wife Penny is showing off in Barcelona's great outdoor patio setting a colorful, patriotic quilt-style pillow from wonderful and skilled long-time friend, Janet.  Does its design fit for the upcoming Fourth of July Celebration?:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see this visual larger/better!)

image.thumb.jpeg.37d0f09d917903ff6922c8af868a378b.jpeg

Here was my Paella Barcelona with chicken, chorizo, shrimp, calamari, clams, mussels, piquillo peppers, peas, sofrito and calasparra rice.  Super great and totally tasty!!  Dessert?  Barra de Frutas or raspberry lemon bar: Swiss meringue buttercream, blueberry bourbon compote, candied lemon chip.:

image.thumb.jpeg.55fe5f12efffa9286d8162a744d3d8db.jpeg

• Like 5

We spent a long weekend in Southern Washington celebrating an old friend's 75th birthday. The weather was incredible with temperatures in the 70°s, clear skies and sunshine. On Sunday, our hosts took us on a little road trip, and we drove through miles of forest, visiting fruit markets, lavender farms and of course, a brewery. It reminded me how important it is to preserve the natural places in the world. Our country leads the world in the reduction of emissions, struggling to offset the rest of the world’s growing output as industry grows globally. One controversial method promoted by the more zealous climate warriors is eliminating livestock to reduce atmospheric methane. I want to help, so I’m going to work on eliminating livestock...one bite at a time.

Climate Warrior

2023-26ClimateWarrior.thumb.jpg.6235c9bcd55036c98a4695fc17ca3850.jpg

Dave

• Like 3