Caribbean Princess dining rooms

Senga

13 minutes ago, Senga said:

I am trying to make reservations for dinner but the only options I am being offered is the Palm Dining Room which we're not interested in.  Any idea why?

13 minutes ago, Senga said:

I am trying to make reservations for dinner but the only options I am being offered is the Palm Dining Room which we're not interested in.  Any idea why?

The Palm Dining room is used for traditional dining.  I'm thinking you chose traditional at the beginning in the app same/time same table etc.  (?).   The other dining rooms also offer anytime (though you could pick the same time each night, but you might not get the same table and waiters).  Thats just my thoughts. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, melodyina said:

The Palm Dining room is used for traditional dining.  I'm thinking you chose traditional at the beginning in the app same/time same table etc.  (?).   The other dining rooms also offer anytime (though you could pick the same time each night, but you might not get the same table and waiters).  Thats just my thoughts. 

Thanks.  That’s exactly what I did but even when I tried to book daily, Palm was my only choice!

41 minutes ago, Senga said:

You don’t say how far out you are, but they don’t always open all the MDR for reservations.  Usually, they open 2 of them and closer to sailing, maybe all 3.

We were on CB for 6 weeks and all the MDR’s were DMW, like Anytime, including the Palm.  But, we easily picked a MDR, same time, same table for 2, so it was like TD in the midship, deck 6. 

So, I would pick whatever I could at this point and change it later as they should open another one.  If you’re close to sailing, then they may be full.  Don’t hesitate to reach out to the Dir of Restaurant Operations when you get OB, if you want to change your MDR. 

The Palm was the least crowded, so many decided to dine there.  So it all works out.

Edited by PacnGoNow

21 minutes ago, melodyina said:

Traditional dining went away when Princess introduced Dine My Way after the resumption of sailing. The only way to get close to traditional dining is to select the same time every night and then consult with the head waiter to get the same wait team every night.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

You don’t say how far out you are, but they don’t always open all the MDR for reservations.  Usually, they open 2 of them and closer to sailing, maybe all 3.

We were on CB for 6 weeks and all the MDR’s were DMW, like Anytime, including the Palm.  But, we easily picked a MDR, same time, same table for 2, so it was like TD in the midship, deck 6. 

So, I would pick whatever I could at this point and change it later as they should open another one.  If you’re close to sailing, then they may be full.  Don’t hesitate to reach out to the Dir of Restaurant Operations when you get OB, if you want to change your MDR. 

The Palm was the least crowded, so many decided to dine there.  So it all works out.

Thanks.  Did you have a preference in dining rooms.  This will be the oldest ship we’ve been on and, from the pictures, they all look to be on the darker side.

49 minutes ago, Senga said:

Thanks.  Did you have a preference in dining rooms.  This will be the oldest ship we’ve been on and, from the pictures, they all look to be on the darker side.

Yes, and unless it’s been refurbished, that was the way they were back then.

However, we liked the Coral MDR midship 6, the staff was great and the DRO was very helpful in getting us a table we liked.  We chose the midship because of convenience, we were in a mid fwd cabin. 

We had an early seating, so it was easy to find a 2 top private table.  We liked it and the staff and asked on the way out to be seated there for the rest of our cruises on b2b’s.  No problem.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

How soon is your cruise?

I’m embarrassed to say it’s not until May next year.  I don’t normally plan so far in advance but, since this will be our first Platinum cruise, wanted to take advantage of the perk.  From the very negative things I’ve been reading on Caribbean Princess who knows if she’ll be around then.  😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Senga said:

I’m embarrassed to say it’s not until May next year.  I don’t normally plan so far in advance but, since this will be our first Platinum cruise, wanted to take advantage of the perk.  From the very negative things I’ve been reading on Caribbean Princess who knows if she’ll be around then.  😂

I'd check back monthly to see what pops up.

We've been on Caribbean Princess and had a perfect cruise. Is she new and shiny? Nope. A lot of negativity because, well, the internet allows people to vent. You'll have lots of people who had a great trip and never post. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

I'd check back monthly to see what pops up.

We've been on Caribbean Princess and had a perfect cruise. Is she new and shiny? Nope. A lot of negativity because, well, the internet allows people to vent. You'll have lots of people who had a great trip and never post. 

You’re so right!  We had a great time and the crew was awesome!  We were on her for 6 weeks. 

The cruise is what you make of it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1