Repricing multiple times before final payment

I repriced my cruise today (before final payment), and my TA emailed me stating, “They said we are only able to reprice the booking once.” I still have some time before final payment, so I was planning on continuing to check for price drops. I thought that you could reprice before final payment multiple times. Does anyone have any experience with multiple price drops before final payment? Thank you!

Edited by Candy Apple 12

on my last cruise i rebooked once prior to final payment - this was a total cancel and rebook so I had to accept the new perks. Then after final payment the price dropped again by about 2000.00 per ticket, my TA called and they offered either a free upgrade on that cruise or a discount on the fare plus FCC for my next cruise. This was in Dec of 2019.

12 minutes ago, shof515 said:

some ta do not like it when you re-price multiple times because it reduces up their commission from that booking

I’m wondering if this is the case. I’ve been with the same travel agency for over 15 years, but my original TA retired a year and a half ago, and I really miss her. 

2 minutes ago, JustAllie said:

What do you lose if you cancel and rebook? 

Well this time I lost the double latitude points, but I’m saving $1000, as are my in-laws, so it’s well worth it. I just checked the invoice, and it’s the same reservation number, so not really a cancel and rebook. 

19 minutes ago, bonvoyagie said:

on my last cruise i rebooked once prior to final payment - this was a total cancel and rebook so I had to accept the new perks. Then after final payment the price dropped again by about 2000.00 per ticket, my TA called and they offered either a free upgrade on that cruise or a discount on the fare plus FCC for my next cruise. This was in Dec of 2019.

The rules have changed quite a bit since 2019.  After final payment you might be eligible for FCC or an upgrade (maybe paid, maybe free, kinda depends on who you talk to).  It's a one-time courtesy offer and won't be available if you took advantage of perks no longer offered, such as airfare or maybe 3rd/4th passengers free.

2 hours ago, RoundGuy2771 said:

You can reprice as many times as you want before final payment. After final payment, you can do it once -- sometimes, depending on the CSS you talk to.

I just assume after final payment, I'm locked in.

You can reprice up to 15 days before embarkation date.

11 hours ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

I repriced my cruise today (before final payment), and my TA emailed me stating, “They said we are only able to reprice the booking once.” I still have some time before final payment, so I was planning on continuing to check for price drops. I thought that you could reprice before final payment multiple times. Does anyone have any experience with multiple price drops before final payment? Thank you!

We repriced 9 times for our March 2023 Epic cruise and saved a total of $3,416.29.  The price adjustments ranged from $60 to $1,251.90.    The only thing that changed sometimes was the loyalty points awarded, but I was after the savings, rather than the points.    Then after final payment, I requested and received a $640 FCC when the price went down again.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

We repriced 9 times for our March 2023 Epic cruise and saved a total of $3,416.29.  The price adjustments ranged from $60 to $1,251.90.    The only thing that changed sometimes was the loyalty points awarded, but I was after the savings, rather than the points.    Then after final payment, I requested and received a $640 FCC when the price went down again.    

Nice! What itinerary was this? Just curious since this was a March cruise. Was it during spring break, or was it the first week of March right before the spring break prices really hit? 

4 minutes ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

Nice! What itinerary was this? Just curious since this was a March cruise. Was it during spring break, or was it the first week of March right before the spring break prices really hit? 

It was a southern cruise leaving out of Puerto Rico which left on March 19th.  My morning routine of price checking paid off!

A good TA won't have any issues with repricing especially if it saves their customer a bunch. It may cost them some of their commission but it's the kind of good will gesture that will pay off in future bookings.  My TA gives an 8% rebate and repricing will lower the rebate received proportionately.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

A good TA won't have any issues with repricing especially if it saves their customer a bunch. It may cost them some of their commission but it's the kind of good will gesture that will pay off in future bookings.  My TA gives an 8% rebate and repricing will lower the rebate received proportionately.  

If there’s another price drop, I will ask my TA to reprice both rooms. If she balks, you’ll have to let me know which cruise you’re taking next so I can book it and find out who your TA is so I can switch TA’s!

Edited by Candy Apple 12

19 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

You can reprice up to 15 days before embarkation date.

Hello Friend!  Hope you and John are well...would the reprice only be for FCC or an upgrade (for at least $1 more)?

Edited by KACTravels

1 minute ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

If there’s another price drop, I will ask my TA to reprice both rooms. If she balks, you’ll have to let me know which cruise you’re taking next so I can book it and find out who your TA is so I can switch TA’s!

One of my biggest complaints about CC and I raise it everytime CC sends me one of those 'satisfaction' surveys is CC prohibition of discussing specific, by name, TA.  CC says they don't want this forum overrun with TA's trying to get business.   I'm suspicious of that since CC allows multiple TA to advertise on their home page.  You will note that none of them give a break on fares.  Therefore, much as many of us would like, we can't share our TA.  I found mine on Facebook.

BTW, I will give you two tips on finding a TA.

First, internet searches are almost useless since you'll never see a price advertised that's lower than the cruise line direct fare.

Second, avoid any TA that advertises 50% off cruise fares.

The reasons for this is simple.  Most cruise lines prohibit TAs from advertising discount fares.

Those that advertise discounts are basing their discounts on 'brochure' rates.  These are the rates in the glossy brochures cruise lines send.  No one pays those rates and if you call the cruise lines they will quote rates significantly less.  These rates are like Manufacturers Suggested Retail Prices.

The best advice I can give you is to talk to fellow cruisers.  When you've made new friends on a cruise ask them who they book with. 

Use the internet to make lists of Travel Agents.  No need to include those big internet agencies like Exped..., Traveloc..., they all have the same rates.  You need to find smaller agencies.  They don't have to be in your home town.  My TA lives a few hundred miles from me.  Call the agents on this list and interview them for the job of  your new travel agent. Ask them about their experience with the lines your interested in.  Ask about their perks and rates.  They can't advertise these but they can talk about them if you ask.

Yu have to work to find a good TA.  You need to ask yourself if you're willing to spend the time.  Is an 8% discount worth it?

BTW, my cruise is Prima out of Galveston n February.

24 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

One of my biggest complaints about CC and I raise it everytime CC sends me one of those 'satisfaction' surveys is CC prohibition of discussing specific, by name, TA.  CC says they don't want this forum overrun with TA's trying to get business.   I'm suspicious of that since CC allows multiple TA to advertise on their home page.  You will note that none of them give a break on fares.  Therefore, much as many of us would like, we can't share our TA.  I found mine on Facebook.

BTW, I will give you two tips on finding a TA.

First, internet searches are almost useless since you'll never see a price advertised that's lower than the cruise line direct fare.

Second, avoid any TA that advertises 50% off cruise fares.

The reasons for this is simple.  Most cruise lines prohibit TAs from advertising discount fares.

Those that advertise discounts are basing their discounts on 'brochure' rates.  These are the rates in the glossy brochures cruise lines send.  No one pays those rates and if you call the cruise lines they will quote rates significantly less.  These rates are like Manufacturers Suggested Retail Prices.

The best advice I can give you is to talk to fellow cruisers.  When you've made new friends on a cruise ask them who they book with. 

Use the internet to make lists of Travel Agents.  No need to include those big internet agencies like Exped..., Traveloc..., they all have the same rates.  You need to find smaller agencies.  They don't have to be in your home town.  My TA lives a few hundred miles from me.  Call the agents on this list and interview them for the job of  your new travel agent. Ask them about their experience with the lines your interested in.  Ask about their perks and rates.  They can't advertise these but they can talk about them if you ask.

Yu have to work to find a good TA.  You need to ask yourself if you're willing to spend the time.  Is an 8% discount worth it?

BTW, my cruise is Prima out of Galveston n February.

Thanks for the advice. I will keep it in mind if need to find a new TA. I agree with you that it’s frustrating not to be able to openly discuss our experiences with TA’s here. I have an Escape cruise in February, or I’d be joining you on the Prima!!

6 hours ago, KACTravels said:

Hello Friend!  Hope you and John are well...would the reprice only be for FCC or an upgrade (for at least $1 more)?

Hello friend!!!!

I don’t know the answer to this.  I’ve only done it for a reprice. 
When do you head out on your European cruise adventure?

On 6/26/2023 at 8:54 PM, Candy Apple 12 said:

I have repriced 5 times since booking in January of 2023 for our November 2023 cruise. we have 3 balcony rooms booked for 7 people and I have received a total of $4400 in savings.

Thanks to all who replied. My cruise had another price drop, so I called my TA today. She was not in the office today due to taking a long holiday break, but one of her partners got the price drop for me. Now, to start planning another cruise with the money I’m saving…