World Europa Review June 16-23 from Barcelona, Non-YC

MaverickF

Hi,

we are booked on this for a Christmas cruise next year. Did you happen to check out any of the kid /fun spaces? Arcade, water slides, teen clubs? Just curious if anyone has pictures or details to add! Thanks.

The Teen Club and the Arcades, Slides are all on the MSC Website, and there are a lot of videos from the World Europa.
In December its to cold to slide on the Waterslides in the Med. And the Christmas a New Year Eve Cruises will be full, and full the World Europa is not very funny, the Ship is to small for the amount of Pax. In the YC and also outside the YC. Its better to sail with her in a not holiday saison....

Thanks. Yes we’ve seen some videos. Heard there were height requirements with the slides and bumper cars. Wondered if you had details. We are booked and typically do Disney at Christmas so not sure things could get any more crowded than that! We are prepared for the masses. I
was a little worried about weather temperatures as so much of the ship is outdoors. Assuming it will be in the 50s maybe 60s on our sailing but who knows! Is it safe to say that is typically standard around then? 

Yes there are hight requirements, but i dont know exactly.

In Dec there are 10 to 15 Grad Celcius in the southern part of the med, without wind. So for the waterslides its normally to cool. I was on the world europa last week and only one day, the day in civitavecchia it was warm to slide. The rest of the cruise it was to windy, cold or two days it was raining.

On Disney ships there is more place per pax. The World Europa is really to crowdet and there is not enugh place in the buffets, in the inside galeria and in the bars for all the people, when the ship is fully booked! Also the Yacht Club is to small especially the Restaurant and the Grill.

I was on a a full december cruise in the YC and it was awful, really, never again!

Oh geez. I should clarify, we do the Disney Parks at Christmas. It too is beyond crowded. We can deal though. Hoping to be off the ship most days touring. My kids will slide no matter the temps as long as they’re open. Definitely going to purchase some long sleeve swim shirts to help!
. I’m more concerned about the height requirements! Can’t find them anywhere…

17 minutes ago, Sthrncrusr said:

My kids will slide no matter the temps as long as they’re open.

Normal. Kids usually have a much higher tolerance about low temperatures. The slides will be open and they will be used. But not from me, I wait and watch my kids slide as my tolerance for cold water and wind is extremely limited 😄

On 3/3/2024 at 7:55 AM, Nikita4 said:

Yes there are hight requirements, but i dont know exactly.

In Dec there are 10 to 15 Grad Celcius in the southern part of the med, without wind. So for the waterslides its normally to cool. I was on the world europa last week and only one day, the day in civitavecchia it was warm to slide. The rest of the cruise it was to windy, cold or two days it was raining.

On Disney ships there is more place per pax. The World Europa is really to crowdet and there is not enugh place in the buffets, in the inside galeria and in the bars for all the people, when the ship is fully booked! Also the Yacht Club is to small especially the Restaurant and the Grill.

I was on a a full december cruise in the YC and it was awful, really, never again!

I have a mate who just sailed in the Mediterranean two weeks ago. He departed from Barcelona and he told me that.... thanks that cruise had warmed pool water they could had a bath when sailing through south Mediterranean, but just a couple of days. In Roma, Genova, Marseille and other port of calls it was impossible, with or without warming water (you could entry into water but after it.... it would bee too cold).

Just to compare

Canary islands have the same latitude than Miami

Barcelona and Roma have similar latitude than New York

Paris is northern than Montreal

Mediterranean sea is warm because it is almost isolated for water, but not so easy to have a bath in winter

18 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

Normal. Kids usually have a much higher tolerance about low temperatures. The slides will be open and they will be used. But not from me, I wait and watch my kids slide as my tolerance for cold water and wind is extremely limited 😄

15 hours ago, Nikita4 said:

120 cm minimal high? But I am not sure!

AFAIK it is limited to EIGHT years old, not to altitude.

I do not know how they will check it (well... with a bracelet it is very easy)

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 10:05 PM, Sthrncrusr said:

Hi,

we are booked on this for a Christmas cruise next year. Did you happen to check out any of the kid /fun spaces? Arcade, water slides, teen clubs? Just curious if anyone has pictures or details to add! Thanks.

We did this ship and a similar itin (except with Rome) in November. Good options for the kids--the only think lacking was no minigolf, but not a huge deal. Slides, a big dry slide in the back, good arcades.

Good to know! Did you happen to do any tours or DIY days with kids? Mine are tweens and looking to fill our days with tours: walking, food, city highlights, etc. it’s going to be chilly but hopefully decent to bundle up and walk in! 

8 hours ago, Sthrncrusr said:

Good to know! Did you happen to do any tours or DIY days with kids? Mine are tweens and looking to fill our days with tours: walking, food, city highlights, etc. it’s going to be chilly but hopefully decent to bundle up and walk in! 

Which ports of call will you have?

Ports of call: Barcelona, marseille, Genoa, Civitavecchia, Palermo, La Valletta, Barcelona.

Ive been searching the boards for any tips on whether (clothing tips for the ship and tours), tours, etc. it will be the week of Christmas. 

1 minute ago, Sthrncrusr said:

Ports of call: Barcelona, marseille, Genoa, Civitavecchia, Palermo, La Valletta, Barcelona.

Ive been searching the boards for any tips on whether (clothing tips for the ship and tours), tours, etc. it will be the week of Christmas. 

how old are them?

I will be cruising there (sharing Barcelona, Genoa and Civitavecchia with you) with all the family. Children will be from 3 to 18 and we are planning all excursions on ports

They’ll be 12 and 13 but very petite! Haha may mistake them for age 10 🤣

forcing them to make some friends in the young club which always seems to help keep them entertained in the evenings!

looking at independent tours and waiting for msc to release theirs so I can compare prices and details.we too are planning to do excursions I think. May be able to do one or two cities on our own but want the kids to see major highlights where they can and feel excursions can do that better than me!

3 hours ago, Sthrncrusr said:

They’ll be 12 and 13 but very petite! Haha may mistake them for age 10 🤣

forcing them to make some friends in the young club which always seems to help keep them entertained in the evenings!

looking at independent tours and waiting for msc to release theirs so I can compare prices and details.we too are planning to do excursions I think. May be able to do one or two cities on our own but want the kids to see major highlights where they can and feel excursions can do that better than me!

Hi.... Is it your first time in Europe?

Make them see there aren't so many options to visit these cities. Ask them to choose one monument in each city and go for it