Princess Transfers - Hotel to Southampton

BobAnne

Has anyone ever stayed at one of the Princess approved hotels in London that includes a transfer to Southampton?

If so, what time was the hotel pick-up? What time did you get to Southampton?

Thank you in advance. 💜💚

I have done it 2x. I want to say hotel pick up is around 10 and arrival is around 12:45 pm. Traffic depends on the day of the week and what is going on. My letter said it would take 3 hours.

One time, there was a 10 am pick up and one slightly later.

image.thumb.jpeg.84fce8f537d1be71b29410341ad95727.jpeg

Edited by Coral

8 minutes ago, BobAnne said:

@Coral This was incredibly helpful and informative! Thank you!!

I seem to take pictures of everything.

I know once I got to the pier in time for lunch in the dining room and another time I did not and missed it by a few minutes. 

• Like 1

In case anyone is curious - I stayed at the Radisson Blu Edwardian this last time. The rooms were sort of basic (bathroom was marble though) but the desk was really nice as it had power sockets for several outlets including US plugs. The staff were excellent, breakfast was included and pretty good and the location was also excellent. There was a Boots drug store near by (similar to Walgreens), a McDonalds next door (which I used to get a drink one day on my way back to my room) and it was across the street from a tube station. I walked to the British Museum and to see Big Ben from there. Tons of restaurants of all variety nearby.

So while it wasn't the highest quality hotel by any means - I really enjoyed the hotel and would stay there again.

Edited by Coral
  • Thanks 1

Were you given this by the Princess person at the airport or did they send the information ahead of time? 

Oh second question you may not able to answer: Does the hotel have the reservation under Princess or the guest name? I would like to make a request on my reservation (two beds vs one) and am not sure if there is any point in trying ahead of time or simply hoping for the best upon arrival.

We’re about a month out and getting a little over zealous and excited. LOL 

7 minutes ago, BobAnne said:

Were you given this by the Princess person at the airport or did they send the information ahead of time? 

Oh second question you may not able to answer: Does the hotel have the reservation under Princess or the guest name? I would like to make a request on my reservation (two beds vs one) and am not sure if there is any point in trying ahead of time or simply hoping for the best upon arrival.

We’re about a month out and getting a little over zealous and excited. LOL 

Upon arrival at the airport - I had to wait for the car service. They then dropped me off at the hotel. I checked in with my name.

The first time, I was given an envelope at check-in at the hotel with the note. The 2nd time, I saw the Princess person at the hotel who was sitting at a desk with a Princess sign and checked in with her and she gave me the letter. I then asked if I could go earlier and she adjusted it.

As far as the bed situation. The first hotel, there were some CC people who were also staying at the hotel. It was a couple with a son and daughter in their 20's. The hotel had given the adult kids a room with a queen bed (last names same). They asked for a different room with twin beds and they were given a queen bed again. I think the 3rd time, their request was granted. So there was some confusion on their arrangements but I do know it was resolved.

It maybe worth emailing the hotel and saying you are staying with Princess and you are requesting a room with 2 beds on this date.

• Like 1