Lisbon for seniors

I will be in Lisbon, Porto, and Ponta Delgado 11/24.  I know that there are steep cobble stone type streets.  Being that we are both seniors I’m thinking we might be best off with a private tour.  I am not fond of cruise ship excursions.  Has anyone used an excursion operators in any of those places?

We find the post slightly amusing.  We are seniors (have been for some time) but still have no problem walking 10 miles in a day, going up and down slopes, etc.   Meanwhile, we see plenty of folks half our age that cannot walk up or down a few steps without being completely exhausted.  So we would suggest not equating "seniors" with being frail.  

That being said, we agree with the OP about ship excursions.  Lisbon is actually relatively flat in the parts of the center (and out at Belam) but also has too many hills.  The city also has a decent "tram" system and one of the most popular tram lines, #28, seems to be made for DIY tourists.  That tram will get you up the steep hills in some of the most interesting parts of the city.  One can also take a different tram line out to Belam (another part of the city popular with tourists).

Hank

• Like 1

We took a tuk tuk tour waiting outside the port. It was brilliant and took us around the city and to Belem. The driver showed us the sights and eventually dropped us up in the town where we were able to get the lift down and meander back to the ship calling off for a drink and a Pastais de Nata (custard tart, not to be missed)