Civitavecchia to Rome bus on Cruise line tour.

Lenbro1944

Will be on Oceania Vista August 2024. Oceania offers a tour called Rome on your own that will take you via bus to and from Rome where you will be on your own. If you have taken this Oceania bus, when did it leave port and arrive in Rome. Our ship is scheduled to dock at 7AM. We would like to make a 9:30 Am tour. Let me know and if you have any other suggestions to get to Rome and back.

4 minutes ago, Lenbro1944 said:

Will be on Oceania Vista August 2024. Oceania offers a tour called Rome on your own that will take you via bus to and from Rome where you will be on your own. If you have taken this Oceania bus, when did it leave port and arrive in Rome. Our ship is scheduled to dock at 7AM. We would like to make a 9:30 Am tour. Let me know and if you have any other suggestions to get to Rome and back.

If you search on this blog, you will find many threads that talk about simply taking the train between Civitavecchia and Rome.

Hank

I would suggest asking on Oceania's board about the timing but whether anyone will be able to answer is doubtful. I'm a new O cruiser (my first Oceania cruise is in August) but from reading the boards I get the sense that O tours are not their strong point and a lot of bad tales of things not going as planned...  If I were you I would look at an alternative way to get to Rome and meet your tour -- for example the train, as mentioned by @Hlitner above.

There is a very informative thread pinned at the top of this forum with a lot of good info and advice on using the trains.