Washy Washy Happy Happy!

BundokSaint

• BundokSaint changed the title to Washy Washy Happy Happy!

Do they all sing the same song?  When we were disembarking from the Joy in February, waiting on the long lines that inched forward, Mr Washy Washy was there, posing for pictures with some of the ladies.  I think he should have been entertaining us! 

2 minutes ago, Smitheroo said:

Do they all sing the same song?  When we were disembarking from the Joy in February, waiting on the long lines that inched forward, Mr Washy Washy was there, posing for pictures with some of the ladies.  I think he should have been entertaining us! 

I don't think so. This is the 1st cruise ship I've been on, but my cousin who's a cruise ship regular showed me videos from other ships, and they are all different songs. For the most part these are just ad-libbed renditions the attendants make up themselves. 😁

On The Escape back in March they were all very animated and funny!  

I do wish that NCL would go back to having the employees spray everyone's hands with sanitizer instead of the hand washing sinks or trusting people to do it themselves.

I would say only 50% of the cruises when entering the buffet would wash their hands or use sanitizer, the other 50% just walked right in ignoring the requests of the "washy, washy" crew

Rude and gross

13 minutes ago, mcmomny said:

On The Escape back in March they were all very animated and funny!  

I do wish that NCL would go back to having the employees spray everyone's hands with sanitizer instead of the hand washing sinks or trusting people to do it themselves.

I would say only 50% of the cruises when entering the buffet would wash their hands or use sanitizer, the other 50% just walked right in ignoring the requests of the "washy, washy" crew

Rude and gross

One problem is that hand sanitizer is not that effective (I've been told not at all effective) for the norovirus which is the greater threat on cruises   Hand washing with soap and water is the preferred prevention. I agree with you though, not if they dont do it. This, along with other reasons, is why some people dont use the buffet.  I was on the Queen Mary in 2013 right after a voyage in which half the crew and many passengers came down with norovirus. On my voyage right after that one you couldnt get past the crew member at the door to the buffet squirting hand gel onto your hands.  They were constantly wiping down handrails and other frequently touched by many objects.  According to the experts, not effective but I guess better than nothing. They asked passengers to use the bathrooms in their cabins instead of in public areas.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BundokSaint said:

I don't think so. This is the 1st cruise ship I've been on, but my cousin who's a cruise ship regular showed me videos from other ships, and they are all different songs. For the most part these are just ad-libbed renditions the attendants make up themselves. 😁

Fun!  I like Mr Washy washy on the Joy (they probably rotate as that job would get tiring I'm sure)

2 hours ago, Smitheroo said:

Fun!  I like Mr Washy washy on the Joy (they probably rotate as that job would get tiring I'm sure)

When we cruised Joy in March, Rowan (I'm 99% positive that was his name) was Washy Washy Man at breakfast and lunch, then was a server at Teppanyaki in the evening. He was a really great server! 

• Like 1