Iberostar Resort

calgal729

Has anyone done the all inclusive day pass at this beach resort?  It looks beautiful and tropical online, but not finding much in the way of reviews.  We're looking for a really nice beach that's all-inclusive, with good food and drinks, good friendly service, and no loud music (no Mr. Sancho's!)  Not looking for kids activities like water slides and day camp, and hopefully, a place that's not too crowded and not more than 20 minutes from the port.

If anyone's been to this resort, I'd be interested to hear your experience. Thanks!

Edited by calgal729
left off a word

On 6/30/2023 at 1:22 AM, calgal729 said:

Has anyone done the all inclusive day pass at this beach resort?  It looks beautiful and tropical online, but not finding much in the way of reviews.  We're looking for a really nice beach that's all-inclusive, with good food and drinks, good friendly service, and no loud music (no Mr. Sancho's!)  Not looking for kids activities like water slides and day camp, and hopefully, a place that's not too crowded and not more than 20 minutes from the port.

If anyone's been to this resort, I'd be interested to hear your experience. Thanks!

We did in November 2021 and weren't fans.  I am actually headed to Buccanos tomorrow as well as a couple of other spots and will answer any questions.  

We also have reservations in January at the Cabanas at Chankanaab which may be an idea as well.

Lots of good recent reviews on TA to read with the ceveat some are from the usual one-post wonders and mostly from people staying at the resort.

Occidental lost a lot of their beach in storms last year and I don’t know if this affected Iberostar too.

On 6/30/2023 at 7:47 AM, blue_water said:

We stay at the Ibero Tucan near PDC and have visited the Ibero Coz property. We wouldn’t go there for the beach, or for the food and drinks, actually.

What are your port times? Have you looked at Buccanos? Not technically AI but the same nonetheless…

https://www.buccanos.com/en/activities

Yes, thanks, we looked at Buccanos and it does look really nice, but since we’re traveling with lots of family, we were hoping to find an all inclusive

3 hours ago, jean87510 said:

We did in November 2021 and weren't fans.  I am actually headed to Buccanos tomorrow as well as a couple of other spots and will answer any questions.  

We also have reservations in January at the Cabanas at Chankanaab which may be an idea as well.

Can you explain why you weren’t fans?  Was it the beach, pool area not up to par, or were you not happy with the food or service? Thanks.   

47 minutes ago, calgal729 said:

Can you explain why you weren’t fans?  Was it the beach, pool area not up to par, or were you not happy with the food or service? Thanks.   

All of the above.  BUT this was also in 2021 so things may have changed.

4 hours ago, calgal729 said:

Yes, thanks, we looked at Buccanos and it does look really nice, but since we’re traveling with lots of family, we were hoping to find an all inclusive

Yes Buccanos is not technically AI as I mentioned, but in reality the same thing…Any in your group not drinking alcohol (kids, for ex) would get out cheaper than at an AI of course…

The $400 peso minimum spend/pp goes toward your bill, and you have access to the facilities and beach. Open 10 - 6 only…

Bucanos is the first choice for many coming from PDC to spend the day on Coz.

Edited by blue_water