sailing with children

delgirl

2 hours ago, delgirl said:

Have read somewhere you have to pre-register children for the club before you sail. Have gone on my cunard but cannot find anything about it

Probably the problem is within the new and improved wonderful Cunard Website. 
Best to give Cunard a call

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo
  • Haha 1

Your children should be showing on your booking, so you can register them with the app: might as well as it asks you to do so.

The best thing is the child places are guaranteed when you book, unlike some other cruise lines. They have so many places in each age group, and once the cruise is at that capacity, that’s it! We have been on a wait list before, where one child was able to book, but not the other, so the holiday did not go ahead. There is no adding a child to another group because of insurance purposes.

Grandchildren have had a wonderful time over the years.

• Like 2

Thank you for your replies. They are in fact my grandchildren. We were put on a waitlist originally as they only have so many places. There was space for grandson but not grandaughter. Did a dummy run a few weeks later and it was accepted. About 2 months later I had a phone call from cunard to say they had space for the children. Said I had already booked. Don't know anything about an app. Is this the one you use onboard, inn which case no good to pre register children before you go. Will have to phone them up I think, though why you have to pre register them when they know how many are onboard in each age group I have no idea.

If you can’t work out how to register the kids then you can do it the day you board. I couldn’t get the link to work the first time I took my daughter on Cunard and didn’t bother the second time. It didn’t make any difference except that I had one more thing to do on embarkation. 

The registration is to do with allergies, medical issues, who can sign in and out of the kids club. 

Edited by tacticalbanjo

I asked Cunard about this directly last week for the night nursery but guessing this works similarly for kids club- they said you can register 15 days before sailing through your cunard account. There’s a registration form to fill out and submit it, once on board they will confirm your place.

You won't be able to register until 14 days beforehand. The link can be found under Before You Sail. Then click on Life on Board. Then scroll until you see the Children's Club heading. The link should be there already but it won't work until 14 days before. 

I really can't imagine that it will be a problem if you need to do it onboard. Have a lovely trip. I did QV in October and QM2 in December with my little one and we had a great time. I can't wait until we are on QV in November.