Hello,

I’ll be cruising with Mom in the Fall and I’m looking for insurance options for her. We are Canadian, she is 69, and she has many pre-existing medical conditions that many insurers won’t take on, such as COPD. 

Any suggestions? Thank you!

I asked ChatGPT this question for you. Since it is AI, I would recommend that you verify the accuracy of the suggestions. Steve mainly works with and is more experienced with American travel insurance companies.

Can you recommend any Canadian travel insurance companies that waive pre-existing medical conditions?

While I can provide general information, please note that my knowledge cutoff is September 2021, and specific policies and offerings may have changed since then. It's always advisable to conduct your own research or consult with an insurance professional for the most up-to-date and accurate information.

That said, there are several Canadian travel insurance companies that may offer coverage options for pre-existing medical conditions. Here are a few companies that are known for providing travel insurance with coverage for pre-existing conditions:

1. Manulife Financial: Manulife offers a variety of travel insurance plans, including some that provide coverage for pre-existing conditions. They have options such as "All Inclusive" plans or "Prestige" plans that may offer this feature.

2. Travelance: Travelance is a Canadian travel insurance provider that offers coverage for pre-existing medical conditions. They have different plans with varying levels of coverage to suit different needs.

3. TuGo: TuGo is another travel insurance company that may provide coverage for pre-existing conditions. They have various plans, including some that offer coverage for stable pre-existing conditions.

4. Blue Cross: Different provincial Blue Cross organizations in Canada provide travel insurance plans, some of which offer coverage for pre-existing medical conditions. The availability and terms of coverage may vary depending on the specific province.

5. RSA Travel Insurance: RSA is a leading provider of travel insurance in Canada. They may have policies that cover pre-existing medical conditions, but it's essential to review their policy details and terms.

Remember that the coverage and conditions vary between insurance companies and policies. It's crucial to carefully review the terms, limitations, and exclusions of any insurance policy to ensure it meets your specific requirements.

Before purchasing travel insurance, it's recommended to reach out directly to these companies or use their online platforms to get the most up-to-date information on their coverage for pre-existing medical conditions. Additionally, consider comparing multiple insurance providers to find the best coverage and rates for your needs.

• Thanks 1

On 6/30/2023 at 1:50 PM, Miss Divacat said:

Hello,

I’ll be cruising with Mom in the Fall and I’m looking for insurance options for her. We are Canadian, she is 69, and she has many pre-existing medical conditions that many insurers won’t take on, such as COPD. 

Any suggestions? Thank you!

Hi Miss Divacat,

What Province(s) do you and your Mom live in?

Steve Dasseos