Dining reservations

18 hours ago, RELS said:

Disclaimer: This worked for us. Your Mileage May Vary

All of this can be done online. No need to call. But see item (1) below 🙂

Book for yourselves on your day, not sharing.

In order of easiest,

1. Call and ask the agent to add them to your existing reservation (have their names and reservation number handy), but you'll have to wait until the next morning to do so.

2. On their day/time, they can try to book not-shared for the four of you using the

ADD ANOTHER GUEST >>

option on the reservation page. They will need your reservation number. This will cancel your 2-top but that's OK.

3. (Sort of convoluted. We did this because our other party isn't internet savvy.) On their day/time, go back to restaurant reservations. Go to the restaurant/day where you have your reservation. Available times will be shown for that night/restaurant.

I'm not sure of the order of steps now. I think we used the Choose Another Time button all the way at the bottom first. This negated our first reservation, so it was the risky step. The longer your cruise, the more likely there will still be availability on any given night.

Right under your names will be a blue line saying ADD ANOTHER GUEST >>. Click it. A 3-line form will open up requesting their reservation number and name.  Fill that in for each of them.

The shared/not shared radio button is under that form. Keep it at not shared. Choose from the available times, etc as you did before.

If nothing more is available that night, it might be less risky to have them choose another night or shared or whatever they can get and then rearrange on board.

Thanks.... whew... looks like it might be complicated.  Maybe it'll be an opportunity for a "romantic dinner for two" for my wife and I. 🤣

Thanks again... I'll give your suggestions a try and see how they work out.  😎

Watching with interest... traveling on our first Regent cruise in January but dining booking opens tomorrow.

I don't necessarily mind to share on many nights but one night of the trip is a milestone birthday, would prefer to celebrate as a couple... hope we can get reservations. It is a sea day. 🙃

4 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

Watching with interest... traveling on our first Regent cruise in January but dining booking opens tomorrow.

I don't necessarily mind to share on many nights but one night of the trip is a milestone birthday, would prefer to celebrate as a couple... hope we can get reservations. It is a sea day. 🙃

Sea days are tough. Do you have a priority booking window, i.e., concierge/penthouse or above category? That helps a lot.