Rudi's Wiener Schnitzel still on the menu?

POA1

8 minutes ago, albingirl said:

And people say it's caribbean lobster like that's a negative.  I've had caribbean lobster, in the caribbean of course, and I find it delicious!! Lobster from Maine, from Canada, from Caribbean, all good.

I couldn't tell you where it's from but it certainly doesn't taste like anything I've had in other hal restaurants.

20 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I couldn't tell you where it's from but it certainly doesn't taste like anything I've had in other hal restaurants.

If you spent a lot of time eating cold water lobster, the difference is pretty obvious. DW describes warm water lobster as more mealy. I'd be more inclined to say that cold water lobster is firmer & more meaty. It's also objectively sweeter.

30 minutes ago, POA1 said:

If you spent a lot of time eating cold water lobster, the difference is pretty obvious. DW describes warm water lobster as more mealy. I'd be more inclined to say that cold water lobster is firmer & more meaty. It's also objectively sweeter.

I have to agree with you wife.  The other lobster that I’ve had on the ship has been mealy.  The lobster I’ve had in sel de mer has definitely been firmer and sweeter.  Is it like that right now?  Who knows.  My last lobster in sel de mer was November 2022.

16 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I have to agree with you wife.  The other lobster that I’ve had on the ship has been mealy.  The lobster I’ve had in sel de mer has definitely been firmer and sweeter.  Is it like that right now?  Who knows.  My last lobster in sel de mer was November 2022.

Having lived on the coast in Maine for years, we're a little picky about lobster. We typically wait until we are back for a visit to eat lobster. In DW's case, a lot of it.  She's had the tails on the ship if they're cold water, but it's not make or break. When you are used to having lobster that was trapped that morning, you can be a little spoiled.

Now that we're in Florida, we see people get excited for lobster and stone crab seasons. My favorite Florida fish is hogfish, but you rarely see it in a restaurant.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, albingirl said:

I have fish for dinner  probably 5 nights a week.  In my opinion, the dover sole in Rudi's is top shelf.  Yes, there is the show and all that, but the fish is fresh and light, just as it should be. I cook it frequently at home, but without that fun flair in the restarant lol.

You have the clean up too. 😃

• Haha 1

On 7/4/2023 at 3:54 PM, luvteaching said:

No need for counseling POA! I"m on the Westerdam in 60 days, have the app on my phone and look at the menus daily. The schnitzel is there on the menu for tonight (day 3) with home-fried potatoes, lingonberry compote, asparagus and carrots. 

Karen

This dish was available one night on our June 18th Alaska cruise on Westerdam. 

11 hours ago, POA1 said:

Having lived on the coast in Maine for years, we're a little picky about lobster. We typically wait until we are back for a visit to eat lobster. In DW's case, a lot of it.  She's had the tails on the ship if they're cold water, but it's not make or break. When you are used to having lobster that was trapped that morning, you can be a little spoiled.

One of my fondest vacation memories was a road trip we took several years ago that had us spending a week in coastal Maine. Between the lobster (and other fresh seafood) and the Maine wild blueberries we consumed on a daily basis, it was a difficult task making myself leave when our week was over.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2023 at 9:03 AM, POA1 said:

Can I just say, once again, how glad I am that so many people find the schnitzel to be spektakulär. The Dover sole discussion is a bonus. That's one of my two choices for Rudi's. The other is the Tournadoes Rossini. I'm leaning toward the fish. DW is all in on the lamb.

To further your research (or confuse you) here’s the Tournedos Rossini — NY Eve on Koningsdam.  It’s an elaborate dish.  Don’t ask me what all the different parts are.  We both really enjoyed it.

47B00D14-8690-40C4-892A-FA773DEDAEB0.jpeg.a212e9a5223a0fea4b05600ae624617e.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

To further your research (or confuse you) here’s the Tournedos Rossini — NY Eve on Koningsdam.  It’s an elaborate dish.  Don’t ask me what all the different parts are.  We both really enjoyed it.

47B00D14-8690-40C4-892A-FA773DEDAEB0.jpeg.a212e9a5223a0fea4b05600ae624617e.jpeg

Thanks... Now I'm torn. That's a good problem to have though. We'll just have to book a Pinnacle class ship in 2024.

On 7/9/2023 at 1:51 PM, POA1 said:

Now that we're in Florida, we see people get excited for lobster and stone crab seasons. My favorite Florida fish is hogfish, but you rarely see it in a restaurant.

Triggerfish is one of our faves, and not often on the menu in Florida.

• Like 1