New to Cunard. Hints and tips

TowandaUK

We have previously sailed with Celebrity, but are thinking of trying Cunard from Southampton. 
We note one of the benefits you may choose with Cunard is parking. What is involved with this?  Is it dockside or away from the port?  If not using their parking is there a paid for option?

Would welcome any advice on the positives and negatives of Cunard over Celebrity. 
Many thanks. 

The parking is with CPS. It is very efficient. You are met at the Terminal, they take the car away, and it is waiting for you at whatever terminal you return to. You need to calculate whether it is worth more than the obc offered. You can use CPS as a paid for option as well.

• Like 1

We sail both Celebrity and Cunard amongst others. One of my favourite things about Cunard is the afternoon tea, it really is a special event.  You can go to the Queen's Room and have staff wait on you there with tea, warm scones, jam and clotted cream, sandwiches and cake, or else go to the buffet or even have afternoon tea deivered to your cabin. I personally find the food in the dining room better than the main dining room food on Celebrity, I realise this is dependent on ship, staff and many other factors but so far, it's how we've found it.  We have a Celebrity cruise coming up in a few weeks and a Cunard one in September so it will be good to compare when so close together!