It was their first cruise ever.. after listening to us rave all these years.. their Day 1, I said 'its not really like this'

melodyina

On 7/9/2023 at 6:16 PM, cruzsnooze said:

" What we take as normal they were amazed with the Int'l cafe and choices and 'Really its free?".. "YES"  (we all had the beverage package). "

No it's NOT free , you paid for it since you had the beverage package. The other foods were not free they were included in your cruise fare. It seems a common mistake that people ( not just the OP ) state something was free when in reality it is baked into your fare. 

Possibly replace "Really, it's free?" with "Really, it's not an extra charge?"

21 hours ago, lizwil10 said:

Just a side note about the rude guest at dinner...

It may be a generational thing, but people are no longer standing idle while they watch a guest berate an employee. Interject. Just be firm and calm. “Sir, you're being inappropriate.” If he snaps back, you can say, “I’m sorry you got the wrong drink. I’m sure you would agree we’d all like to move on and enjoy our dinner.” 

It's the same as my elementary school-aged kids. If they see someone bullying another kid, they're supposed to speak up. 

I can assure you, you would regret saying anything to me cruiser to cruiser ... sorry

21 hours ago, lizwil10 said:

Just a side note about the rude guest at dinner...

It may be a generational thing, but people are no longer standing idle while they watch a guest berate an employee. Interject. Just be firm and calm. “Sir, you're being inappropriate.” If he snaps back, you can say, “I’m sorry you got the wrong drink. I’m sure you would agree we’d all like to move on and enjoy our dinner.” 

It's the same as my elementary school-aged kids. If they see someone bullying another kid, they're supposed to speak up. 

deleted ...

Edited by voljeep

20 minutes ago, voljeep said:

I can assure you, you would regret saying anything to me cruiser to cruiser ... sorry

I am not sure what I might do in the moment, but it might include making a comment to try and diffuse the fellow.  More likely - if we had a favorable impression of the wait(er)(ress), I would speak to either the HW or the DR Mgr and indicate that the passenger is a jerk or a-h and the employee not deserving of the dressing down (s)he received.  At least there would be someone else sticking up for them.  I hear what you are saying, but I also suspect you would not be one acting like the person described in the earlier post.

• Like 6