Guaranteed Room

dls1203

39 minutes ago, Midwest Sunseeker said:

We board July 30. Still no room, Guar SS.   What happens if we get to the port and there are no Signature Suites available?  Hal is still selling Spa Verandas.  Will they assign us a lower grade room and refund the difference we paid?  

You will get, at minimum the GTY level you booked into, or above. So, in your case, at least SS. Have not heard anybody ever report they got downgraded, and there are LOTS of threads here about GTY bookings.

You are still 13 days out. As mentioned here, 8 days seems to be about the average, but it could be at the dock.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Midwest Sunseeker said:

We board July 30. Still no room, Guar SS.   What happens if we get to the port and there are no Signature Suites available?  Hal is still selling Spa Verandas.  Will they assign us a lower grade room and refund the difference we paid?  

We were on guarantee Neptune Suite. And there was none available whenever I looked too! So I was a little worried, as this was our first experience with guarantee rooms.

We just got our room assigned couple days ago for our cruise on August 19th: we got great room, SA type - not the one upfront, not a handicapped etc. Even not far away from the lounge.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JoieNsk said:

We were on guarantee Neptune Suite. And there was none available whenever I looked too! So I was a little worried, as this was our first experience with guarantee rooms.

We just got our room assigned couple days ago for our cruise on August 19th: we got great room, SA type - not the one upfront, not a handicapped etc. Even not far away from the lounge.

If you were looking at the website, you can't tell the availability of rooms. Why? Because you can't tell how many GTY bookings there are. You can only tell how many cabins are unassigned. For example, if the website shows 10 cabins in a category are available, but there are 9 GTY bookings in that category, literally one additional booking in the category fills and closes that category.

We have two GTY bookings right now. If you look at the website, the category shows as sold out.

• Like 2

On 7/17/2023 at 3:16 PM, JoieNsk said:

Same here.  What guarantee category did you book, if you don't mind?  We booked an SC (we are fine with any Neptune cabin really) but I think we will likely get an SA (those were the only ones left when I could still see open room for our sailing).  Our PCC thinks so too, but we will just wait and see where they put us.

11 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

Same here.  What guarantee category did you book, if you don't mind?  We booked an SC (we are fine with any Neptune cabin really) but I think we will likely get an SA (those were the only ones left when I could still see open room for our sailing).  Our PCC thinks so too, but we will just wait and see where they put us.

My understanding is that any Neptune guarantee is called SC. That's what I read here at CruiseCritic. This is HAL's code for Neptune Guarantee.

When I booked, there was no option to pick up some category, as far as I remember. I booked Guarantee, and then later noticed SC without a number in our reservation.

But now our reservation says SA7068. 

21 minutes ago, JoieNsk said:

My understanding is that any Neptune guarantee is called SC. That's what I read here at CruiseCritic. This is HAL's code for Neptune Guarantee.

When I booked, there was no option to pick up some category, as far as I remember. I booked Guarantee, and then later noticed SC without a number in our reservation.

But now our reservation says SA7068. 

Not exactly. There are actual SC cabins on many ships. And we have two SB GTY bookings upcoming on Zaandam. There are SBs on Zaandam, but no SCs.

57 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Not exactly. There are actual SC cabins on many ships. And we have two SB GTY bookings upcoming on Zaandam. There are SBs on Zaandam, but no SCs.

I have a SB guarantee on sister ship Volendam and when I asked, they assigned me a cabin.  I like these SBs so marked my reservation Do Not Upgrade.

3 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

2 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

I have a SB guarantee on sister ship Volendam and when I asked, they assigned me a cabin.  I like these SBs so marked my reservation Do Not Upgrade.

Thank you for the info!

These boards are priceless as a source of info!

Like I mentioned before, this is our first experience with guarantee room.

2 hours ago, Midwest Sunseeker said:

We just received our cabin number today, eight days from sailing.  Wonderful room a few cabins from the center elevators.  It is one of the rooms that was available when we booked our guarantee SS. We are very happy. 

Congrats!

Safe travels  - enjoy your cruise!